Zombiekrig ("Zombiewar") is a Swedish thrash metal band from Västergötland. Although Sweden is one of the greatest metal nations on earth, Thrash Metal never really stuck there, and the few exceptions to the rule have been fair to middling at best. Zombiekrig who arrived during the brief wave of retrothrash, changed all of that pretty damn quick.
Went on hiatus in 2012 after the release of their second album 'Den vänstra stigens ljus.' Singer Axel Widén pretty much confirmed them breaking up after playing the Scorched Tundra festival in 2013, although they're still listen as "on hold" on metal-archives.com as we speak.
- Undantagstillstånd ("State of emergency") (2010)
- Den vänstra stigens ljus ("The light of the left hand path") (2012)
Shut the fuck up, give me all your tropes:
- Phony Newscast: "Undantagstillstånd" opens like this, with a newscast claiming that hundreds of people have died from a bad case of winter vomiting disease originating from a pizza parlor in Jönköping. It's pretty heavily implied that this will lead to the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Say My Name: Fond of dropping the name of their band into the lyrics of their songs."Time is running out, and you spread your shit.The only way out - Zombiewar!"
"Led astray by beautiful poetryA Zombiewar-machine, a Christian cocaine."
- - "Dö för fan." ("Die goddamnit.")
- - "Stäng av dig själv." ("Shut yourself down.")
- Signature Song: Probably "Håll käften, ge mig dina pengar." ("Shut the fuck up, give me all your money.")
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death: Their name is pretty much this.
- New Sound Album "Den vänstra stigens ljus" has shades of first generation Black Metal.
- Knocking on Heathens' Door: "Dö för fan" ("Die goddamnit") is about these. Take a wild-ass guess if it's a positive portrayal.