Most people seem to agree in hindsight the album was a mistake, with many sighting Gregg's Southern Rock and Cher's idiosyncratic, personality-driven pop not going well. The album is considered an Old Shame and Cher and Gregg Allamn would break up shortly after it's release.
- "Move Me"
- "I Found You Love"
- "You've Really Got a Hold on Me"
- "We're Going to Make it"
- "Do What You Gotta Do"
- "In For the Night"
- "Shadow Dream Song" (lead vocals by Gregg Allman)
- "Island" (lead vocals by Cher)
- "I Love Makin' Love to You"
- "Love Me"
Two the Hard Way provides examples of:
- Cover Version: Half of the album is filled with covers.
- One-Book Author: The album is credited to "Allman and Woman", and is the only full record they recorded together.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Their cover of Jimmy Webb's "Do What You Gotta Do" is most likely this, considering their failing marriage.
- Silly Love Songs: Many songs are really cheesy song about love. Considering that the album was made by a married couple of musicians, this is a given.
- Step Up to the Microphone: Both Gregg and Cher have one track where they use lead vocals. ("Shadow Dream Song" and "Island" respectively)