Foose's rise to fame started when he released the video for "Red Roses" which featured Landon Cube in October 2017, shot and directed by Cole Bennett. The music video gained 1 million views within a week, and as of October 2018, has over 100 million views. Since then, he has released his debut album, Life Of A Dark Rose, which peaked at #10 on the Billboard 200.
- Life Of A Dark Rose (2018)
- Shelby (2019)
- Father-Son Talk (2010, with Skies)
- Good Grades, Bad Habits (2015)
- Good Grades, Bad Habits 2 (2016)
- Alone (2017)
Tropes associated with Lil Skies:
- Anti-Love Song: In "nowadays", he croons "Nowadays I'm too cool for a girlfriend"
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: Skies sports a number of facial tattoos, which is pretty much expected of his brand of Emo/Soundcloud rap.
- Auto-Tune: Skies often incorporates autotune to his more melodic tracks.
- Fair Weather Friend: Signs of Jealousy is about a friend who switched up on Skies due to their jealousy of him, and he also raps about fake friends in his other songs quite often.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Skies and frequent collaborator Landon Cube are really good friends outside of their musical collaborations and have been ever since they met on the CUFBOYS vlog. On the vlogs, you can really see the chemistry they have as not only collaborators, but as friends as well.
- Instant Web Hit: The music video to Red Roses gained traction quickly, receiving 1 million views within a week and being the video and song to launch Skies to fame.
- Meaningful Name: His rap moniker was picked because his father's stage name was Dark Skies, so he was dubbed Lil Skies and it stuck.
- Storyboard Body: At the age of 16, Skies got his first tattoo in tribute of his friend who got his leg amputated due to a bacterial disease. He also says that he got face tattoos to keep himself dedicated to music, which was also referenced in the lyrics to "Welcome To The Rodeo" where he raps:
I could never get a job, so for my dream, I'm dedicated"