Roland is an assassin who, one day, breaks from his team and single-handedly kills the demon king (who is actually a girl because you should have figured out the type of story this is by now).After returning to the kingdom, the king graciously promises Roland whatever he wants for his heroics. Conflicted in his desires he hasnt thought of anything outside of killing for years he remembers that one of his teammates told him what she plans to do after evil is defeated:Live a slow life.And so Roland, with his ability to blend perfectly into the crowd and the disguised demon king Leila at his side, decides to live a peaceful life.Look, you knew what this series would be like the moment you heard skill and guild in the title. Im not gonna judge you, just keep in mind what youre going to get into.
This contains the following tropes:
- And Then What?: Roland honestly never thought about what he wanted to do after defeating the demon army.
- Asshole Victim: The Monster Tamer deserves to have his throat slit after using his monsters to attack innocent villages.
- Butt-Monkey: Iris Negan, whenever Roland's around. She got her panties stolen by him and getting them back, albeit him putting them back onto her, seeing her private parts twice and gets rejected because he wants to be with his cat.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Naturally anytime Roland beats down some scum-bag Adventurer or criminals.
- Friends with Benefits: Roland and the Demon King has this.
- Green-Eyed Monster: A guild employee is jealous of Roland for being Milia's main crush.
- Hitman with a Heart: He has the skills and professionalism of an assassin but in the end, even he follows his own set of standards which is why he spares the Demon King.
- Mentor Archetype: Roland plays this whenever he has to guide new Adventurers.
- Sex for Services: Performs this on a female Adventurer to make her forget about his true identity.
- Standard Hero Reward: Averted. The King doesn't want to have his daughter to be married to Roland. Hence why he's relief when Roland refuses.