By E. G. Castle.
Things can get a bit crazy when you have a jinx that drives machines crazy. It gets even worse when you get sick one day. Oh, and did I mention the part where you're about to lose your job?
The Woman who made Machines go Haywire: To sum it up, wacky hijinx with a jinx.
The Woman who made Machines go Haywire contains examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: When Iriss jinx affects her computer, one of the things it does is give it a seeming sentience and a desire to rule the world (Or something). It is handily and promptly defeated with a quick pull of the plug.
- Automated Automobiles: Iriss car drives her to work. By itself. With a complete lack of regard for safety and the rules of the road. And to add insult to injury, it blasts out, California, Here I come!. Needless to say, Iris was not happy about it.
- Cut the Juice: To stop her machines from going crazy, Iris tries pulling their plugs a few times, not always with the greatest of success.
- Elevator Failure: When Iris tries to get to her office, the elevator misbehaves by constantly sending her to the wrong floor.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: While giving his take-over-the-world spiel, Iriss computer adds, at random, THIS! IS! INTERNET!
- Red Alert: Iriss computer rapid-fires a whole bunch of various red alerts at her.
- Ring... Ring... CRUNCH: Iris is apparently a serial clock killer, going through multiple clocks a week.
- Working Through the Cold: Despite being badly sick and a jinx running out of control, Iris is forced to go to work, under the threat of losing her job. (To be fair to her boss, and as he himself points out, if she didnt go, there wouldnt be a company around the next day to fire her from.)