Do you know those stories where the player always seeks the dork-nerd loser?
Well, meet the player Sasha Morris, she prefers "Love Huntress" though. Love to her is like a game of hide and seek, where she loves to pursuit the ones who dare to get close to her. But those clichés wouldn't be complete with a dork nerd loser, no? Then for this role we have Lucas Samuels, who's neither that much of a loser or a nerd, at least in high school. A blessed jock, he doesn't even realize that Sasha made her goal to get her hands on him as soon as possible.
However, this is a double-edged sword, because Sasha also doesn't realize how playing with a innocent heart can be dangerous for her emotionless self. This endless game of cat and mouse you leave you at edge, doubting even yourself. After all, who's really the predator and who's the prey? Even when there's another player with their eyes set on Sasha...
This story provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Lucas, in spades. He's prone to blushing, stuttering and has the lovely tendency to give awkward, tactless remarks even during the worst of moments.
- Alpha Bitch: Subverted with Sasha. She is a heartbreaker, yes. Cold and manipulating, yes. Popular? Not so much. Nor does she have a Girl Posse.
- Broken Bird: Sasha, and how.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Inverted. Lucas is kind and generally sweet towards other people while Sasha is the exact opposite.
- Brutal Honesty: Sasha. This is part of the reason why people can't stand her.
- Cool Big Sis: Sasha is shown to be very close to her family, particularly her sister, Amanda.
- Death Glare: Sasha's default expression.
- Genki Guy: More often than not, Lucas is the one cheering up both people and situations.
- Jerk Jock: Completely averted with Lucas. He is one of the most—if not the most—kindhearted characters in the novel.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sasha may be cold towards others, but she does have her moments. Most of the 'gold' part is reserved to her family. At least at first.
- Ill Girl: Amanda, Sasha's sister.
- Kuudere: Part of Sasha's appeal is her unattainability; she remains unmoved to most situations and people.
- Nice Guy: Lucas is so nice, in fact, that's the primary reason why Sasha begins to fall for him.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Lucas is red to Sasha's blue.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Sasha.
- Yandere: Sasha's stalker, quite possibly. Later revealed to be Dave.