In a world where everyone can perform magic, where quest seekers, treasure hunters, and enchanters are common professions, and where mage duels are the most popular form of entertainment, Kiel is a 'non-mage' — a person who doesn't have the aptitude to use magic on a regular basis — until he meets Elaru — a mage of mysterious origin, who claims she can give him the power to become the greatest mage the world of Halnea has ever seen.
After making a deal that he would surely regret, the only thing standing between him and his dream university of magic, are the entrance exams.
Little did he know, that he would be pulled into a web of lies, ancient riddles, and fatal secrets, where one wrong step could bring his untimely demise.
What secrets are hidden deep in the darkest parts of the forbidden zone? What truly happened over a millennium ago to change the lands of Halnea into its current state? What is the source of The Ink — a mysterious plague spreading through the continent? Why has the third race of Halnea — the Ascended — mysteriously disappeared and what is the connection between the remaining two races?
The first book, Soulbound, is currently posting.
This web novel provides examples of:
- Academy of Adventure: Ashar University of Magic has many secrets, including a labyrinth in the basement, hidden archives, and the mirage dungeons.
- Action Girl: Elaru Wayvin is a badass.
- Anti-Hero: Kiel Rroda, while having a lot of good sides, is a cold, selfish, hypocritical loner.
- Battle Couple: Elaru Wayvin and Kiel Rroda often fight side by side and watch each other's back.
- Big Labyrinthine Building: Ashar University of Magic contains a labyrinth in the basement and no one really knows everything hidden inside of it.
- Bishonen: Kiel is referred to as good looking several times. If the images Cloe has posted of him are anything to go by, he has some rather feminine features.
- Black Sheep: Kiel is a black sheep in his family because he is a non-mage bastard child. Elaru is a black sheep everywhere because of an eccentric personality and powerful abilities.
- Boarding School: A large part of the book series takes place in Ashar University of Magic which is a boarding school.
- Coming-of-Age Story: The story follows Kiel and Elaru who grow through the experience into adults.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Kiel Rroda, after falling in love, starts showing a lot of jealousy.
- Crazy-Prepared: Elaru Wayvin has many backpacks and bags containing a wide variety of oddities useful in adventuring.
- Fantastic Science: Theory of Magic is studied as if it was science and is closely related to science.
- First Love: Kiel Rroda has never before fallen in love, and his first love happens during the story.
- Foreshadowing: Aethernea often includes some foreshadowing clues such as mentioning that Kiel Rroda would have never agreed to enact Aetherneal bond if he had known what would happen in the future.
- Incest Is Relative: Nobles in the story often engage in incest. Especially the Arite family.
- Is That What He Told You?: Elaru is proficient in deception and her words carry a double meaning that is often misunderstood.
- Jigsaw Puzzle Plot: Lots of things are going on in the story and it constantly reveals a lot of clues that need to be connected together by readers.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: As a large part of the story takes place in the university, it contains a lot of characters.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Kiel Rroda and Elaru Wayvin — different races, different social status, and many people standing in their way of a happy ending.
- Stalker with a Crush: Dusk Rose seems to have a thing for Kiel if his actions when trying to kidnap him are anything to go by.