A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo is a 2018 book written by Jill Twiss, a writer for Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
Marlon Bundo lives in the home of "Grampa", vice president Mike Pence. Marlon is lonely, but one morning after breakfast, he meets Wesley, a bespectacled brown rabbit. They spend the day together, and decide to get married because they never want to hop without each other again. But the stink bug, who is In Charge and Important (and bears a striking resemblance to Mike Pence), yells at them that boy rabbits can only marry girl rabbits. Will Marlon and Wesley get their happy ending?
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Marlon wears a brightly-coloured bow tie, Wesley wears a pair of bright blue glasses, and the stink bug wears a necktie.
- Big Fancy House: Marlon lives in one, due to "Grampa" being the Vice President.
- Big "SHUT UP!": After being voted out of office, the stink bug again tries to claim that boy bunnies cannot marry each other, only for the other animals to yell that he isn't in charge.
- Has Two Mommies: Gender inversion: The final page depicts Marlon and Wesley having a shared dream where they are walking with a little grey bunny, implying that they would like this trope to occur in the future.
- Love at First Sight: What Marlon feels for Wesley, and vice-versa.
- Subverted Kids Show: Played with. The book is perfectly child-friendly, but was written specifically to anger Mike Pence.
- Take That!: The stink bug is a thinly-veiled Mike Pence.