The Darkest Dark is a Children's book by Chris Hadfield and Kate Fillion.
Chris is a young boy who has dreams of being an astronaut. Whenever he should be taking his bath, he's fighting off aliens. When he should be getting ready for bed, he's exploring the stars. However, there is one little thing standing between him and his dream.
His fear of the dark.
Yeah, Chris doesn't like the dark. The dark is where the worst kind of aliens come from. Not even a night light can take the fear away. However, one night, Chris sees something that could change all that.
The book was published on September 10th, 2016.
The Darkest Dark contains examples of:
- The '60s: The book is set in the Summer of 1969.
- Canine Companion: Chris' pug, Albert. He's by Chris' side through the bulk ofthe book.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: The "aliens" who invade Chris' room at night just have glowing lights for eyes.
- Hollywood Darkness: The book has a lot of pictures set at night. Despite that, you can still see things clearly.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Chris. Was. Going. To. Sleep. In. His. Own. Bed. Tonight.
- The Sacred Darkness: How Chris comes to see the dark after watching The Moonlanding on TV.
- Young Future Famous People: The book stars Chris Hadfield when he was a kid.