- Reese's whole "I traveled across time for you, Sarah. I love you. I always have" and pretty much that whole ensuing scene.
- It's even more heartfelt upon second viewing, knowing that Sarah and Reese's love making conceived John Connor. By "loving a lifetime's worth", they're giving humanity a fighting chance.
- Not to mention the photo John gave Reese of Sarah when she was pregnant. Reese states that he always wondered who she's thinking about to make her so sad in it. It's revealed at the end of the film that she was thinking of telling John about his father, Kyle himself.
- "Come with me if you want to live!"
- Reese's description of Sarah's son-to-be, "I'd die for John Connor." as he's in fact John's father.
- Kyle Reese has a literal Pet the Dog Meaningful Background Event moment while Sarah is getting them a hotel room. That same dog actually saves their lives later.
- While patching Kyle up, Sarah can't comprehend all the things she'll do to prepare John for what's coming. He is certain she can handle it, but she says she doesn't want this responsibility. To reassure her, Kyle relates a message from John."Thank you, Sarah, for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to say that the future is not set. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive or I will never exist."
Heartwarming / The Terminator