- Tim Riggins going to jail, so that Billy can stay with his wife and son.
- Topped by Coach Taylor's, and especially Buddy Garrity's, speeches on Tim's behalf at his parole hearing. "This man is like family to me."
- Billy to Tim in "Tomorrow's Blues":Billy: You listen to me, you little idiot. You are not gonna wuss out on this. You're gonna go to college and you're gonna go get a degree, and I don't care if it takes you seven years. All right? And when you start thinking that it's too hard or that you can't handle it, I want you to remember one thing: I want you to think about the kids that you don't have yet. And I want you to think about my kids. Me and Mindy's kids that we don't have yet. And you're gonna get the job done, so that one of these days I can tell them that they don't have to settle for second best. That they can be whoever the hell they wanna be because their Uncle Timmy went to college. God bless our mom and dad, wherever the hell they are.Tim: Yeah.Billy: But we gotta do better by our kids. Do you hear me? Tim!Tim: I thought...Billy: Do you hear me?Tim: Yeah.
- Tim protecting Julie from the tornado.
- Coach to Landry at the end of the fourth season.Coach: What do you mean you cant? Ive spent the last 3 years turning you into a football player. So you know what youre gonna do? Youre gonna go out there and kick the damn field goal. You know what, son? It could be worse. It could be 47 yards. So do us proud.
- Coach and Matt, also a Tearjerker:Coach: You know how many people depend on you to make good decisions? Huh? You have any idea? Your grandmother, your friends, your teammates? You better start making 'em. You better stop being so damn selfish and stop feeling sorry for yourself. You hear me?Matt: Shut up! Just shut up! You don't care about me! You left me for a better job! Your daughter left me for a better guy! Carlotta left me for Guatemala! My dad left me for a damn war! Everybody leaves me! What is wrong with me?Coach: (long, sad pause) There is nothing wrong with you. There is nothing wrong with you at all.
- From the pilot:Coach Taylor: Give all of us gathered here tonight the strength to remember that life is so very fragile. We are all vulnerable and we will all at some point in our lives fall; we will all fall. We must carry this in our hearts that what we have is special. That it can be taken from us and that when it is taken from us we will be tested we will be tested to our very souls. We will now all be tested. It is these times it is this pain that allows us to look inside ourselves.
- The final montage, confirming that the Lions went out as State Champions, before we see Coach starting a new team and planning to teach them his catchphrase.
- Also Tim building his house with Billy. They filmed an alternate version of the scene where it was Tim, Billy, Tyra and Street all working on it together but they decided to keep it simple to reinforce how much these damn brothers have been through over the past 5 years.
- Coach Taylor's reaction to Tami's news that she's pregnant.
- Also his line when Tami's sister has left and she's worrying about getting care for Gracie Belle; "That's not our burden. That is our gift."
- Coach Taylor embracing Julie and saying, "I'm not going anywhere."
- Doubles as a Tear Jerker.
- Matt and Julie's first "I love yous" in "I Think We Should Have Sex."
- The ending of "Hello, Goodbye" Smash is accepted to Texas A&M as a walk on and embraces his mom and sisters, then stops by the Taylor home to thank Coach Taylor for everything he did, and finally, before leaving town for good, goes to the Panthers field with Matt, Tim, and Landry to play one last game of pick up.
- Before the Panthers state championship game, news has leaked that Coach Taylor has taken a job at TMU. Buddy comes up to Coach and Coach assumes he's going to berate him for it and launches into a speech about how poorly treated he was by the boosters and town throughout the season. Instead Buddy tells him he's gonna miss him and he did a great job as coach.
Heartwarming / Friday Night Lights