- Turning up in a "traditional piratey town" on Jambalaya Island, only to see buildings such as Starbuccaneers and Planet Threepwood.
- The "Pirate School" on Knuttin Atoll.
- Bonus points to the school's no-nonsense teacher Miss Rivers, hilariously voiced by Edie McClurg.
- Ozzie Mandrill's incomprehensible Australian insults, to which Guybrush can only respond with utter confusion.Guybrush: Uh...well...Digeridoo to you too!
- Admiral Casaba's McCarthyism-style paranoia about pirates.
- You can also talk to Murray... Or make him spin around on his pedestal, which annoys him. There's absolutely no productive reason to do this. It's just funny.Murray: If you don't stop spinning me, I'm gonna put an eeeevil curse on you! (Guybrush spins Murray again) That's it! You're cursed! You are gonna have such a rash!
- You can optionally kill Guybrush's future self (twice) in the Mists o' Time Marsh and his hilariously casual reaction.Guybrush: Gee, they're right... gun owners are five times more likely to shoot themselves.
- Guybrush's interactions with the duck he finds on Lucre Island. "That's the second-biggest duck I've ever had in my pants."
- "No! My grog!"
- This exchange from the first act:Carla: Do you have any idea how difficult it is to escape from Monkey Island?
Guybrush: No, how difficult is it to... Escape from Monkey Island!
Carla: ...Well, it's... really difficult.
- And then later when you meet Meathook:Guybrush: So how did you guys Escape from Monkey Island?Meathook: Same way you did I suppose.Guybrush: With Herman's hidden ship?Meathood: ...Herman had a ship?! That jerk never told us!
- And then later when you meet Meathook:
- The Dainty Lady Figurehead. Voiced by Pamela AdlonDainty Lady Figurehead: What is this compulsion you have to dress me up, you pantalooned FREAK?
- Ask Stan if he's working for Ozzie, and he will vent gloriously.Stan: (Angrily) Ozzie Mandrill? Let me tell you something about Ozzie Mandrill, kid. Ozzie Mandrill doesn't know squat about being a real entrepreneur! He doesn't know the thrill of haggling, the ecstasy of a hard-earned sale, the agony of a lost customer! All Ozzie wants are orderly lines of zombies, queuing up to purchase his pre-fabricated, pre-priced, pre-processed garbage! I ask you, kid, where's the fun in that, huh?! Where's the love?Guybrush: He wouldn't hire you?Stan: (Glumly) Not even an interview.
- When Guybrush rides the lava flume ride, he will sometimes sing a little song:Guybrush: The temperature's a-risin'
And my sweat is vaporizin'
And I cannot feel my legs below the knees any more!
Oh, the lava is hotter
Than a flame-broiled otter
And my shoes are slowly melting to the fiberglass floor!
Funny / Escape from Monkey Island