- Development Gag: In-game, the SCUMM Bar is replaced by the Lua Bar after a hostile takeover, named after the language used in coding the game.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Until June 2018, this is the only Monkey Island game that still lacked a modern re-release on digital distribution platforms like Steam and GOG.com. As of June 2018, it is available on GOG, and was later released on Steam.
- Talking to Himself: Dominic Armato ("What kind of weird duck are you?")
- The Other Darrin: Once played by the very British Alexandra Boyd, Elaine is now played by the very American Charity James.
- Unintentional Period Piece: A number of Escape's jokes are Turn of the Millennium pop culture references that, today, come across as rather dated (for example, "Planet Threepwood" is clearly a riff on "Planet Hollywood", a theme restaurant that was hugely popular at the time). The plot, meanwhile, spoofs a lot of social issues that are far less relevant now than they were in 2000 (such as big corporations dehumanizing middle America).
Trivia / Escape from Monkey Island