The group has solved the famous P versus NP problem and are giving that information to the government. At the last minute, they debate the political and moral ramifications of a program that makes all information accessible but with the program's existence being kept private.
Not to be confused with the trope involving roaming sales associates.
Tropes in this film:
- Body Horror: A screw through the head
- Flashback: Quite a few for Tim.
- Jitter Cam: The camerawork is rather shaky during the film, probably trying to convey a sense of unease.
- Malevolent Masked Men: The person who uses a screw on Tim in a dream sequence.
- Out of Focus: The "guard" in the background is there the entire time, but does little.
- Pick a Card: Tim uses a card trick to illustrate a point.
- Persecuted Intellectuals: The math nerd's getting picked on in school is discussed at one point.
- Red Scare: Communist China is pointed out as the "New Cold War".
- Talking Heads: The majority of this film is men sitting around a table, talking.
- Writers Cannot Do Math: No math experts were consulted for the film, so many of the statements regarding mathematics are incorrect.