Jonas and Kelly are two young homeless people in Venice beach. Living a life of drugs, partying, and petty theft, they have nothing but each other. Then, one day, Jonas overhears Evelyn Silverman telling her maid that they will be on vacation for four weeks, including the house security code. While the Silvermans are away, Jonas and Kelly move in to live the high life for a few weeks, with Jonas planning to sell the contents of the house before they go. Except, something else happens... the Silverman family comes home early, escalation the situation to one of betrayal, violence, and love.
This film exhibits the following tropes:
- Bullet Time: Used at several parts in the film from a sex scene to tracking the path of a fired bullet.
- Homelessness: It's not romanticized in the least.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Ronald delivers one to Kelly in hopes of getting the ring that she's clutching.
- Secretly Wealthy: Jonas actually comes from a very rich family, but ran away from home to escape Abusive Parents.
- Sissy Villain: When the audience is introduced to Ronald, the main bad guy, he's sporting a long red wig and he lisps his way through much of the movie.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Both Jonas and Kelly look really nice after they bathe and dress up in the Silvermans' clothes. Jonas's ease in his suit turns out to be a hint about his background.
- Would Hit a Girl: Ronald has no qualms whatsoever about repeatedly punching Kelly, and even claims to be getting excited by the violence.