This film has the examples of:
- Captain Ersatz: Hydra Tech is pretty much The Umbrella Corporation.
- For the Evulz: Charles has no pretenses as to why he's turning people into zombies and openly admits his motive is "world domination."
- Meganekko: Becky from Necropolis (but not Rave to the Grave)
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The fourth film had zombies with miniguns and circular saws for arms. Unfortunately, they were also the main character's parents who died about a year before.
- Oddly Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo
- Raising the Steaks: A number of rats are affected.
- Villain Decay: The zombies in this movie and the sequel are nowhere near the invincible juggernauts of films previous; whereas those zombies could only be killed by burning or by electrocution (preferably by electrocution), here it takes just a few hits to kill them.