After 12 years in the big house for keeping his mouth shut about a safe cracking job, Dom Hemingway seeks to collect the money he's owed from his rich superior. Things quickly go downhill, however, as his time in prison had been shielding him from the gang violence, car crashes, and family drama that his reckless attitude causes to everyone around him.
Dom Hemingway provides examples of:
- Chekhov's Gunman: The prostitute that Dom saved in the first part of the film comes back at the end to give him some advice.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Melody may be considered one of these.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Good lord, does this film love to drop these.
- Establishing Character Moment: The very first scene sums up the title character pretty nicely; some might go so far as to say it sums up the entire movie fairly well.
- Fanservice: Madalina Diana Ghenea displays shows off her beautiful body as Paolina, even receiving her own Walking Swimsuit Scene in an Imagine Spot from Dom after the care wreck, right before she makes off with his money.
- Hot-Blooded Sideburns: Dom is prone to vulgar outbursts and sports a distinctive pair of friendly muttonchops.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Mr. Fontaine has one of these when he's half inebriated after the car accident, calling a fender through his abdomen a splinter and saying that he'll need some tweezers to get it out.
- Naked People Are Funny: Dom gets one of these moments.
- Pet the Dog: Dom saving the prostitute's life shows that he's not an irredeemable scumbag after all.