Proof that the remaining 10% is worth threatening Mr. Scruffy for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for The Order of the Stick fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
Note that Crack Pairings seems to be very popular in this fandom, and since some of them turn out to actually be good, be prepared for some really weird pairings.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
In the Arms of Morpheus by Water-Smurf
- Recommended by Zen_Heart
- Status: Complete
- Pairing: Vaarsuvius/Redcloak
- Synopsis: It's an Alternate Universe Crack Pairing story where Vaarsuvius, instead of saving O-Chul, gets captured as well and gets in a complicated relationship with Redcloak. It's also the start of a long and complicated series.
- Comments: While it could use a little cleaning up (a bit of which comes from Fanfiction.net's apparent removal of the page breaks the author uses), it's a surprisingly good story and has gotten notoriety in the fandom. Vaarsuvius and Redcloak stay refreshingly in character during the whole story, making it feel like it could have been canon.
- Heartily seconded by The Tall One
- Thirded by Sereg: While it gets very dark, the story is a well written epic which keeps you emotionally invested in the characters and eager to learn what is going to happen next.
In Vino Veritas and its sequels also by Water-Smurf
- Recommended by 6woolensocks
- Status: Complete
- Pairing: Vaarsuvius/Belkar
- Synopsis: The first story of Water-smurf's "Latin Series", an eventually AU storyline following the notorious V/Belkar kiss of strip 316
- Comments: It's by Water-smurf, need I say more? Well written, and in-character.
Loathing and Indifference by Hekateras
- Recommended by Tjatter
- Status: Complete
- Pairing: Belkar/Vaarsuvius (Yes, again)
- Synopsis: One-shot. Description from fanfiction.net: "At long last, the party is back together, but Belkar can't help but feel that something is missing."
- Comments: Very well-written, humorous and stays in character throughout the whole fic. The ending will definitely force a smile.
the room of doors by curtailed
- Recommended by MissRoboto
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: Where the Order has to get themselves out of multiple AUs. (Author synopsis)
- Comments: Even if this wasn't one of the few ongoing fics for this fandom I would still recommend it anyways. It's fun if you like crossovers, and I enjoy it despite not knowing like, anything about stuff like A Song of Ice and Fire. It's kind of dark compared to OOTS fare and it has graphic violence, so skip that if it ain't your cup of tea.
- Tags: Graphic Depictions of Violence, Alternate Universe
Six People Who Should Never Have Gone To Hogwarts by the_bright_eyed_demigirl
- Recommended by Tropers/troperbb
- Status: Incomplete/Unknown. Hasn't been updated since 2015.
- ''Synopsis: What it says on the tin: the Order of the Stick go to Hogwarts. In which Roy joins Gryffindor to spite his ghost dad, Haley learns to fear Veritaserum, Vaarsuvius puts a mandrake leaf in their mouth, Durkon won't go near the Forbidden Forest for reasons other than the obvious, Elan is the world's most unlikely Ravenclaw, and Belkar tries to adopt the giant squid. Meanwhile, Nale is considering facial hair, Miko has her eyes on becoming a Prefect, and Shojo is wondering where the extra Slytherin dorm came from.
- Comments: It's a semi-crossovernote with the Harry Potter series that is a fun read. All the regular characters are made human (except for Redcloak), which might be a bit confusing. And Durkon still has his fear of trees of course. It is definitely worth a read.