"When Timmy Met Lexi" was created in 2012 when Fan Fiction author Purpledino25 decided that Timmy Turner needed a human friend with fairy godparents to go on magical adventures with. The story began in 2008 as "Timmy Meets Lexi," was transferred to Fan Fiction under the same name in 2011, and was rewritten as the current edition the following year.
Timmy Turner is late for school once again when he turns a corner and literally runs right into Lexi Sanders, the new girl in school. It doesn't take long for Timmy to realize that there's something strange about her, or for him to find out that he is no longer the only kid in school with a life miserable enough to warrant fairy godparents. Amazed at suddenly having a new friend who he can skateboard with on Mars, Timmy embraces his new friendship with Lexi eagerly. But their fun is interrupted all too soon when Lexi, angry with her godmother, accidentally blasts two large holes into the side of her house with her suddenly glowing purple hands.
Stories for this series include:
- When Timmy Met Lexi (Complete)
- One Last Wish (In-Progress)
- Miles Apart (In-Progress)
- Out of Sight, Into Mind (Complete)
This story contains examples of the following tropes:
- Another Story for Another Time: "It's not every day your goddaughter decides it's a good idea to set fire to Fairy World's main record system."
- Berserk Button: Lexi does not take kindly to being called by her full name.
- Birds of a Feather: Timmy and Lexi share many of the same interests (video games, comic books, etc.)
- Call-Back: "You were the kid who wished for a fairy baby?"
- Dark and Troubled Past: There must be a reason why Lexi has a Fairy Godparent, but no one ever comes out and asks her.
- Dark Is Evil: The anti fairies' castle, clothing, and even skin is all shades of dark blue and black.
- Deadpan Snarker: Lexi, quite often.
- Dumbass Has a Point: Cosmo is the only one able to figure out the tricky riddle on the quest to save Lexi.
- Easily Overheard Conversation: Timmy clearly overhears Lexi not only talking to someone in the empty classroom, but telling that someone to hide right before he walks in.
- Evil Laugh: Anti Cosmo, while explaining his evil plans.
- Gilligan Cut: Right after Lexi asks Diamond to fix the holes she blasted into the side of her house, the scene cuts to Timmy's parents driving by and commenting on them.
- Hair Decorations: Lexi always wears a purple and blue barrette in her hair.
- I Can't Believe I'm Saying This: It's certainly not easy for Timmy to hand over the last slice of pizza and the new Crimson Chin comic to Lexi.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Lexi, the eleven year old girl, and Astro, one of the oldest and wisest fairies in existence.
- Last-Name Basis: HP refers to Timmy and Lexi solely as "Turner" and "Sanders".
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Timmy and Lexi decide that this is the best way to handle their kiss.
- Mama Bear: Wanda in regards to Timmy and Poof, Diamond to Lexi.
- More Than Meets the Eye: Timmy is shocked to discover that a girl can actually like video games and comic books.
- Must Make Her Laugh: Timmy nervously resorts to this when meeting Lexi for the first time.
- The Nicknamer: Averted with Anti Cosmo, who refuses to refer to anyone by their nicknames.
- Original Character: Lexi, Diamond, Astro...
- Quintessential British Gentleman: Even at his most evil, Anti Cosmo still has that polite, formal air about him.
- The Smart Guy: Astro Rains is the smartest fairy in the universe and the controller of weather.
- Tagalong Kid: Though he sure is cute, Poof doesn't add much to the plot.