Stargate: Equestria is a crossover fanfic written by Bosstone in which the SG-1 team, after Daniel makes a mistake while dialing Earth, wind up in the cute and colorful lands of Equestria. At the moment it consists of two stories.
Stargate Equestria: Connection deals with the team arriving in Equestria, meeting the main cast, Celestia and dealing with some Jaffa, while learning the long forgotten history of Equestria. Told from Jack O'Neill's perspective, who is finding it hard to wrap his head around the place he's wound up in. It is complete.
Stargate Equestria: Incursion is set after the events of Connection and is currently unfinished. In it an old enemy mentioned in Connection has returned and SG-1 is leading a mission to liberate the planet.
Has its own intro as well.
Provides Examples Of:
- Big Damn Heroes: SG-1 show up just in time to save the Cutie Mark Crusaders from a group of Jaffa Ponies.
- In Incursion, Gilda and several Griffins save SG-1, 3, and 5.
- Canon Welding: Connection reveals that Equestria was once home to a Goa'uld who used horses as their Jaffa. Celestia is the former First Prime of said Goa'uld, and after they left, she made sure that knowledge of the Gate was forgotten. To aid, she put an illusion on the Gate to obscure the symbols.
- Can't Believe I Said That: Jack says this just after ordering Teal'c to "take out the glider horse".
- Continuity Nod: "Undomesticated equines could not remove me."
- The Jaffa Ponies are enhanced members of the Equine Race, which is similar to the origins of the Jaffa and humanity.
- Hammond is worried about pony teleportation (specifically its ability to avoid the Iris), pointing out that the Goa'uld have tried to use that to destroy the SGC before.
- Cool Gate: It's a Stargate crossover, so it comes with the territory.
- Dead Fic: Hasn't been updated since 2011.
- Deadpan Snarker: Jack O'Neill, naturally.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When Teal'c and O'Neill question the Jaffa pegasi who ponynapped the Cutie Mark Crusaders, he admits to being ready to interrogate them but is offended at the idea that they'd torture them."We would not have hurt them. We will do what we must to serve our goddess, but we are not needlessly cruel.
- First Contact: Connection has First Contact between SG-1 and the ponies of Equestria. Somewhat of an odd occurrence for them, as contact with non-human civilizations is rare for them (most of them having been hunted down and destroyed by the Goa'uld, who also helped spread humans across the galaxy for their own reasons).
- Foreshadowing: The Jaffa Ponies are notably larger than normal, canon ponies- a trait shared by the First Prime, Celestia.
- I'm a Doctor, Not a Placeholder: In Incursion, Dr. Frasier gets to say it after tending to a wounded Twilight Sparkle.Dr. Frasier: General, I want it on the record that I'm a doctor, not a vet.Col. O'Neill: So, how long have you been waiting to use that line?
- Interspecies Romance: Almost, anyway, between Jackson and Twilight Sparkle. O'Neill is creeped out to find out that Jackson likes Twilight in that way."If both participants are sapient beings, is it really besti —""Do not finish that sentence, Jackson."
- Lampshade Hanging: Members of SG-1 hang lampshades on the fact that the locals always speak English, there's always some threat and there's always some keeper of ancient knowledge.
- Mildly Military: Gets subverted when O'Neill sends Rainbow Dash and a wingpony off to spy on the Jaffa ponies. When Dash returns, she reveals that she went by herself despite what O'Neill said, at which point he rips Dash a new one and explains why she should have taken a partner.
- Remember When You Blew Up a Sun?: Carter's famous action is mentioned in Connection.
- Sequel Hook: Connection provides two for Incursion.
- Celestia says that the Stargate is now reconnected to the network.
- Daniel Jackson's final gift to Twilight is a fake flower with the coordinates for Earth written on the petals.
- These two combine so that when Incursion starts, Twilight is able to dial Earth for aid once the Goa'uld attack.
- Shout-Out: O'Neill references Super Mario in Incursion.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: By travelling through Equestria's Stargate, not only did SG-1 accidentally awaken the Jaffa Ponies, but they also hooked the planet back up to the Stargate Network, a plot point in Incursion.
- What the Hell, Hero?: O'Neill rips Rainbow Dash a new one for going off alone when he instructed her to take a partner.
- Who's on First?: In Chapter 5, O'Neill wanders Ponyville and meets a certain brown colt with an hourglass cutie mark. O'Neill introduces himself and asks for the pony's name. The answer? "Who." It goes on for a brief time before Fluttershy shows up to save him.
- Unfortunately he's never introduced to Lord Yu.
- Wrong Turn at Albuquerque: O'Neill even name-drops the trope.