Years after the fall of the Earth Empire, a new heroine appears in Republic City. And like her father before her, she knows that With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Fetus Terrible: Averted. Paranoid that his mutated DNA would affect the baby, Jason panics over it until Akiko is brought to the Baxter Building for tests.
- Kid Hero All Grown-Up: In the original fanfic, Jason was in his later years of high school into his college years. Here, he is an adult, married with a teenage daughter.
- Mistaken for Murderer: In chapter 3, Jason takes Ava to see his mother's grave to help better explain his motivations in being a superhero. She mistakes this as some kind of threat out of anger for disobeying him before he clears the air.
- Overprotective Dad: Being a dad is hard enough. Jason however is a spider-human mutate that fights supervillains on a regular basis so Jason has every right to be paranoid for his daughter's safety, especially when she starts developing superpowers.
- Superpowerful Genetics: Ava ends up developing her powers right around her mid-teens. It starts off as simply being faster and stronger than the rest of the people on her soccer team. When Jason reveals that he's Spider-man, she realizes that she can crawl on the walls and ceiling.