Legacy Undone is a Naruto Peggy Sue Deconstruction Fic by LD1449. The story begins with Tobi winning the Fourth Shinobi World War and Naruto sending himself back in time. However, when he wakes up, very little is how he remembers. Saving his friends is going to be a lot of work.
Tropes contained in Legacy Undone:
- Action Girl: Pretty much every named female character, but this is Naruto; it's expected.
- Adaptational Heroism: In the new timeline, Orochimaru never left Konoha. Itachi is successfully talked down from massacring the Uchiha and becomes a Konoha hunter-nin instead.
- At the chuunin exam, Naruto discovers that both Zabuza and Kisame are still loyal members of Kirigakure. Haku was still raised by the former, and with Orochimaru's absence Kimimaro trained under the latter.
- Adaptational Villainy: Iwakagure's two Jinchuuriki, Han and Roshi, serve as antagonists to the Konoha party, but it's only after Roshi's death and Han's mistreatment by his village that leaves the latter as prime recruitment material for Tobi.
- Alternate Universe: In many ways. The people that Naruto meets in the new timeline are the same, for the most part, but so many points of divergence exist from what Naruto remembers that his foreknowledge is basically useless. Even certain characters' abilities are different; for example, none of Madara's descendants activated the Sharingan except for Itachi, like none of the Senju inherited the Mokuton in the original timeline.
- Bad Future: The bad future, in which Tobi and Kabuto's Edo Tensei army kills everyone except Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke. However, this setting only exists in the first chapter because Naruto immediately leaves that timeline.
- Cool Big Sis: Itachi to Naruto.
- Death by Adaptation: Jiraiya (before the events of the story), Onoki, Shino, Kiba, and Kurenai.
- While Neji did die in canon, here he dies much earlier, right after the Chuunin Exams.
- The same goes for Roshi, the Jinchuuriki of the four-tailed beast. Atatsuki killed him for said beast in canon, but here he is killed by Orochimaru for much more straightforward reasons.
- For Want of a Nail: Averted. The differences in the new timeline cannot be traced to anything Naruto has done or to any single point of divergence.
- Gender Flip: Haku is a girl in this story because the character was originally intended to be female in canon. The other two, Itachi and Bee, come completely out of left field.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The daimyo of Konoha, Koutou, takes Kurotsuchi to live with him for six years (until her sixteenth birthday)in a genuine effort to create a lasting peace between two villages with a lot of bad blood between them. She comes to feel the same way, and helps convince her grandfather Onoki of Konoha's sincerity when Koutou only tries to start negotiations after Kurotsuchi's return. Tobi capitalizes on all of this to start a bloody war between the two villages.
- No One Gets Left Behind: Deconstructed. Naruto tries, but even his best isn't enough to save everyone.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Dan, Sarutobi, and the entire Uchiha clan. Naruto successfully convinces Itachi to not commit familicide this time around.
- Superpower Lottery: Naruto rigs himself with a seal to enhance his absorption of nature chakra and accidentally gives himself water and earth affinities as a result, as well as the ability to use Mokuton. Subverted because he sacrificed Kurama so that he could travel back in time.
- Tsunade's daughter, Akane, has the same super-strength as her mother due to the Gobi modifying her chakra coils, since she's his Jinchuuriki. And Jinchuuriki mini-Tsunade is just as scary as it sounds.