Kepler Ronpa is a deleted fanfiction set in the Danganronpa universe written by Little Keplerette. The story is set in the country of the Philippines, specifically in the prestigious science school, Axiom Science High School.
The story is told in the perspective of the Super High School Level Good Luck student, Marc, as he receives an invitation to attend Axiom Science as that year's Good Luck student, only to be trapped inside said school with thirty six other Super High School Level students... and a stuffed animal posing as their 'principal': Monocat.
As of April 2020, the author took it down from the Internet.
This Danganronpa series contains examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: It's a high school of mutual killing. Nobody is safe. Not even the Super High School Level Friend.
- Arc Words: There's one for each murder.
- Heart, for the first murder.
- Mind, for the second murder.
- Soul, for the third murder.
- Another one for the third murder would be Death.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Jenita in the third trial.
- Big Bad: Paralleling canon, Monocat.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: As is expected of a high school of mutual killing.
- Gilded Cage: Let's see here; they've got more than one building to explore, a canteen where Monocat will sometimes prepare meals if she feels like it, their dorm rooms are practically custom-made to suit each and every one of them, they have their own personal bathrooms in each dorm room, and oh yes, they have a pool in one of the buildings. Unfortunately, they're still trapped there with no hope of escape unless murder is committed.
- Lights Off, Somebody Dies: In the second arc/murder.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: And that's just the main class. Adding in the various other side characters, and you've got a VERY full plate.
- Shout-Out: The author seems to be fond of this trope.
Shadow Marc: Now go back to investigating no, wait, better yet, go check on Ina in the clinic. Thats something you should do. To progress this story and actually get somewhere instead of investigating random objects like say potted plants and getting random Monocoins from it to put in the Mono Mono Machine.
- Second chapter of the whole thing already has Monocat saying 'un-kupo' and Mika calling her out on it.
- One chapter has Shadow Marc snarking about Marc checking on Ina in the clinic instead of, say, investigating random objects like say potted plants and getting random Monocoins from it to put in the Mono Mono Machine.
Marc: ... What the fuck.
Shadow Marc: You didn't hear anything. Get back to work, idiot.
- TV Fish and Mirror Man patented materials belonging to Monocat are a thing, apparently.
- The Leech Lives in the third arc fall under both Gregory Horror Show(appearance wise) and Pokemon (name and function)
- The chatlogs between the students in some chapters are a direct shoutout to Homestuck.
- Jenita's mechanical tail and 'clawntlets' are this as well.
- The chessboard motif of the third courtroom is this as well, referencing the field where the carapacians fight. Terezi Pyrope herself appears during the whole thing.
- The entire third trial is a shoutout fest. Jenita being the murderer influenced this, apparently.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Practically everyone besides Marc and Juis. Most of the students' hair colors range from dark blue (Mika) to shades of green (Juneth). Aiel herself has bright carnation pink hair.
- Reymon himself embodies this trope.