She, a boy-hating tomboy.
He, a martial artist cursed to be an aquatranssexual.
Engaged against their will, they learned to tolerate each other.
Now, their relationship is moving on to the next level.
They must learn not only to cope with their new relationship, but with college.
Her name is Akane Tendo. His is Ranma Saotome.
This is their story.
Daigakusei no Ranma is a Ranma ½ fanfiction.
What happens when Nerima's resident aquatranssexual martial artist goes to college? And what if he and Akane Tendo finally tie the knot in an impromptu wedding organized by their parents?
Daigakusei no Ranma (College Student Ranma) explores that idea.
Written by David Tai and Paul Gallegos, it follows Ranma Saotome and Akane Tendo as they attend Mizunoikan University, both as college students and as a married couple.
Plenty of hilarity (and violence) shall ensue as they venture through college life, as well as learning how to cope with one another.
The story also had a spin-off called Daigakusei no Ukyo (College Student Ukyou), which details Ukyou's own experiences as a college student at Mizunoikan.
Daigakusei no Ranma have the following tropes:
- Big Damn Heroes:
- Both Mousse and Ukyo thwart Shampoo's attempt to stop Ranma and Akane's wedding.
- Akane's pet bird, B-chan (who is in fact a phoenix) saves her former mistress and her husband from a gang of robbers.
- "Blackmail" Is Such an Ugly Word: Quoted nearly verbatim by Nabiki when she threatens Kunou into behaving at Ranma and Akane's wedding.Nabiki: Such an ugly word. Call it a mutual agreement.
- But Not Too Foreign: Lardizabal Tanaka, who is Chinese-Japanese, his mother being the former.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Ranma. Ironically, this is how Ranma bests Lardizabal.
- Cool Old Lady: Kazuyo Furuya, the landlady of Maison Sabaku.
- Cool Pet: Akane gets a pet bird for a time, which she names B-chan. As it turns out, her pet bird is actually a phoenix.
- Drunken Master: Lardizabal's a master of the Drunken Fist. And he gets even better the more he drinks.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: After the wedding fiasco, the Preacher asks where the bar is.
- Kung-Shui: Shampoo wrecks most of the tables inside the Nekohanten while Mousse avoids the splinters upon hearing of Ranma's wedding to Akane.
- Shotgun Wedding: What kicks off the story, as it takes place the following day.
- Take a Third Option: Thanks to Ranma and Akane's inability to admit that they like each other and the repeated interferences from the other suitors and their fathers, Nodoka offers a solution: Ranma marries Akane immediately.
- Will They or Won't They?: Regarding Ranma and Akane, They Do.