"CyberDine Dreams" is a fanfic of Perri Rhoades' Spectral Shadows series.
Originally under the name "The Dream Parallax", author Niko Linni sought to create a massive crossover story that combined various characters from the Furry Fandom partaking in a good ol' classic battle of Good versus Evil. Unfortunately, he was only able to get permission to use only a couple friends' characters, and even then only Perri's Spectral Shadows had an actual original world to crossover with. Thus, it turned into a fanfic, with Niko providing any of the other worlds the characters would come into contact with.
The idea ended up becoming overly complex, and despite a couple attempts to get things going the story was nearly abandoned, until the author came up with an idea to just make everything take place in an Alternate Universe where Niko and Perri's characters both lived, rather than have them come into contact with each other by crossing interdimensional boundaries.
Thus CyberDine Dreams was born, though as of now all that exists of the story is a livejournal page with just some location and character profiles uploaded, though the author is hoping that for once, they'll get a story started.
The story takes place on the world of Lambana, mainly on the continent of Cygnus, in the large territory called Eastcoast, which is divided into multiple settlements called Districts. Each District is quite unique and mirrors Serial 11 of Spectral Shadows in that each District has its own unique culture and way of life, usually taken from pop culture. The main character of this story is the Funny Animal Tamagi Stardust, who lives in the Sea City District, and is a normal fellow, even though he studies magic to a small degree. All that changes when he meets the three girls Christine James, Kacey Caddell, and Vicki Anderson, and ends up falling for Kacey, the Adorkable Nerd of the group. There's a lot more magic in Tamagi's life now, but things are about to get even more interesting as Christine James seems to be a Magnet for all sorts of things, from magic to mystery to all manner of villains, from perverted Vampires to Gambling Strip Gangsters to an evil crimson-colored king who likes to torture his victims with the annoying side of Progressive Rock.
...or at least, that's what the author is promising at this point.
As of July 2015 Cyberdine Dreams has been discontinued by the author, instead being re-rebranded "Dream Parallax" (again). Though there are still similar characters and situations between this story and Dream Parallax. The story can be found on Blogger  , of course.
For the time being, the story contains the following tropes:
- Alternate Universe Fic: This story, of Perri Rhoades' Spectral Shadows. Seems to be the Contextual Reassignment variety.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: It's a story full of multicolored animal characters.
- Author Avatar: If you inquire nicely enough, the author will reveal that Tamagi Stardust is this, though the author does want to prevent Tamagi from becoming a Mary Sue.
- Badass Normal: Spike Malone, who going off his character sheet is a well-known detective that's managed to get through a variety of insane cases. He doesn't use magic himself, and in fact he distrusts most magic users; one rare exception is his understudy, Niam.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Christine, who will either be "Your greatest comfort or your largest opposition — it all depends on you."
- Continuity Reboot: going off of the "Introduction" page on the CD Livejournal page, the story is an attempt to re-start the author's "Dream Parallax" series.
- Deadpan Snarker: Kayne Aludari, the "In Training Court Magician" from the Halloween district.
- Film Noir: Eastcoast has a District literally called the "Noir District".
- Interspecies Romance: The story hasn't even started and we're already told Tamagi falls for Kacey. The former is a rabbit and the latter a squirrel/skunk (or as some like to say, Squnk).
- Loads and Loads of Characters: We may be in for this, deciding on how deep the author wants to delve into Spectral Shadows' impressive character roster; Word of God says he's got his own impressive list of characters, which might make this go Up to Eleven.
- Shout-Out: Let's see, we've got Jikan Brando, a vampire, and Razzle Joestar, a hero type with a star mark somewhere on his body, and to top it off the vampire has (limited) Time Stands Still powers. Then there's Kayne Aludari with his Magician's Red gloves. Sounds like a bizarre adventure.