The plot is simple on the surface: it turns out literally none of the inner Senshi are straight, though some have more trouble accepting this than others. It's a Coming-Out Story featuring all of the main girls.
The story is done in a series of out-of-order scenes cultivating in the ending.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- The Beard: Rei tries to date boys, but she finds it too emotionally exhausting. She instead prefers just talking about boys a lot.
- Coming-Out Story: All of the girls realize their sexualities, come to terms with it, and come out.
- Deliberate Values Dissonance: The fic pokes fun at Usagi's casual 1990s homophobia and plays it for drama. Usagi isn't trying to be mean, but her little comments about female relationships hit a nerve for several of her friends and make them uncomfortable discussing their sexuality with her.
- The Ghost: The outer Senshi (more specifically, Haruka and Michiru) are mentioned, but they don't appear. Also, Mamoru is still in America.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Played for Drama with Rei. She's deeply insecure in her sexuality and so she overcompensates by acting boy-crazy.
- LGBT Awakening:
- Rei has a lot of signs, and even had a crush on Ami without realizing it, but her awakening began when she began really getting into a manga with a lesbian sub-plot.
- Ami doesn't know when she began realizing her bisexuality. It could have started when she met Haruka and Michiru, or even prior to that due to memories of her and Mako in a different timeline.
- Mentor in Queerness: Minako is out and has never had issues with her sexuality, so she acts as support to her more confused and nervous friends.
- Really 17 Years Old: Minako produces a bunch of fake IDs so she and her friends can sneak into gay clubs.
- Secret Relationship: Ami and Minako were one for a few weeks. Eventually, Minako, then Rei, and finally Usagi all know about it.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Ami has only been attracted to two people (or so she'll let herself admit): Ryo Urawa and Makoto. This is enough evidence for her to identify herself as bisexual.
- Spit Take: Rei accidentally spits out her tea when Ami lets it slip that she's dating someone.
- Transparent Closet:
- Minako thought she was in one of these, but it turned out to not be so transparent.
- Naru and Umino outright tell Usagi one day that they "really don't mind if [she's] gay", causing her to splutter and deny it. Usagi doesn't even realize her attraction to girls.
- Subverted with Ami. Upon coming out, Minako thinks it makes sense that she's lesbian, except that Ami tells her she's attracted to boys too. Ami just isn't the type to fall in love, or flaunt it, much.
- You Are Worth Hell: Mentioned by Makoto when she says she'll literally go through Hell for her friends.