The action kicks off with the battle between the Archangel and Zala teams near the Marshall Islands, when a large dimensional rift dumps both sides into the dimension known as Cephiro. This is merely a beginning of a nightmarish journey for everyone involved.
As of February 2016, there are currently seven main story arcs.
- Cephiro arc: The Archangel team's first stop, dealing with the events of Magic Knight Rayearth.
- Twycross arc: The BattleTech series in the spotlight.
- Vector arc: The Archangel team gets involved in the War of the Magi in Final Fantasy VI.
- Bad Future arc: They thought they returned home. Boy were they WRONG.
- After Colony arc: The Archangel team deals with the events of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.
- Halkegenia arc: The Archangel team provides their assistance towards the Tristanian war effort in fending off the rebellious Reconquista movement from neighboring Albion.
- Vandread arc: The Archangel gets shanghaied into a mutual journey through space with the crew of the Nirvana.
This fanfic contains examples of the following:
- Alliterative Title: Read the title.
- Anyone Can Die: Not even members of the Archangel team can dodge this one. The author has admitted to being a gamer, so the reason why this trope applies is because of the dice, honestly.
- Badass Crew: The Archangel Team. Hands down. A coalition of multipe people from wildly different universes to fight together as one cohesive unit.
- Cool Plane: The FX-550 Skygrasper multirole aircraft, the Fireball aerospace fighter, and the A6M Zero Model 21. When the Archangel team gets their hands on the latter, it gets both an armament upgradenote as well as an avionics overhaulnote .
- For Want of a Nail: The lynchpin for the Bad Future arc. That universe's Kira is killed following his duel with Athrun when an oxygen canister in the Strike's cockpit explodes, killing him before he could be extracted from wreck of his MS by members of the Junk Guild. His death means that he's not there to save the crew of the Archangel during the battle of JOSH-A, and things go donwhill from there.
- If I Do Not Return: As anyone can die in this fic, Nicol has Fuu promise to do this for him and to contact his father in case of his demise.
- Mythology Gag: One particular mobile suit found in the Bad Future arc. The Archangel team come upon what appears to be a dead-in-water Strike Freedom with a dead pilot at the helm. A closer examination at the documentation found within the cockpit shows that it is a mass-produced long-range recon variant. This is a reference to the fact that in canon, there were plans to mass-produce both the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice, but when Terminal stole both of these MS from ZAFT, they not only stole plans as well, but also deleted the originals as well. The owners of this mass-produced Strike Freedom are revealed to be a unit of dimension hoppers, and it is likely in yet another alternate Cosmic Era, both these Gundams were eventually mass-produced.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: A rather ill-timed verbal backhand by Yzak at the Halkegenian nobility in general over the radio. As the Tristanians were listening to the channel (having been provided a radio set by the Archangel team), this slap in their face nearly starts off a political shitstorm and causes Henrietta to release the team from their contract after they successfully stop the Reconquista in Albion.
- War Is Hell: Every dimension the Archangel team jumps into will find them embroiled in the local conflict. As Css Stravag likes to keep things realistic, expect to see that the action taken by the team to survive will take a toll on their psyches.
- You Can't Go Home Again: While this is in no way confirmed by the author, It's certainly what one of the pilots feels. The pilot in question believes that it s the fate of the displaced crew to jump from dimension to dimension locked in bloody battle one after the other and that his grandchildren will be born on the ship (if he survives that long).