It was the bloodiest war in history. It was the death of half of humanity. And it is over... on paper.
Paper does not hate. It does not bleed, or struggle to live with what they have done. People hate, bleed and live... and while they do these things, can the war truly have reached its end for those that carry on?
A few years have passed since Zeon surrendered to the Federation, the problems of the war haven't gone away. Prejudice is rife, many colonies still refuse to accept Federation authority and ambitious men and women are willing to sacrifice others for their own benefit. A handful of mobile suit pilots find themselves in a position to make a difference, but doing so has costs for them.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Deadpan Snarker: Fairly common. Cima, Char and even Heero get in on it.
- Disguised in Drag: Duo finally gets a false identity... that Heero put together using a photo of Duo in drag.
- King Incognito: Federation lieutenant Relena Mass turns out to be a false identity of Artesia Som Deikun, the provisional governor of Zeon.
- Secret Identity: at times it seems that almost every major character has at least one.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: In particular, Cima and Heero.
- Survivor Guilt: Cima adds this to her existing traumas.