"Can be found again. The commander of the second division started behaving strangely after an incident that nearly set the Moby Dick aflame, but amnesia was far from the problem. Time travel, no pairings."
This work contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Disorder: Ace may be suffering PTSD from Thatch's and his own deaths. He suffers from nightmares, and when Thatch attempts to wake him, it takes him a few moments to recognize him.
- Beach Episode: Chapter eleven. The Whitebeards spend it hanging out on the beach and building sand castles.
- Completed Fic: It was completed on August 14, 2015.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Thatch survives, Teach dies, the Summit War is avoided, and Sabo approaches Ace with his memories back.
- Freak Out!: Ace panics the first few times he sees Thatch and believes he is a hallucination.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Ace sees himself as worthless after his failures in his previous life. Marco does not know the full context but reassures Ace he is far from a failure.
- In Spite of a Nail: Sabo finds out about Akainu attacking Ace through a newspaper. Though Ace survived this time, it is enough of a shock to make Sabo regain his memories.
- Mental Time Travel: Ace wakes up in his twenty year-old body a few months before Teach attacks Thatch.
- Peggy Sue: Ace's mind is sent back to before Thatch dies. He knows Teach's plans but also knows he needs to be careful how he deals with him.
- Scars Are Forever: Ace has a scar on his chest from Akainu's attack.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Ace works to save Thatch from Teach and prevent the Summit War from ever happening.
- Wake-Up Fighting: Thatch attempts to wake Ace from a nightmare. He gets pinned down with a flaming fist near his face.