A Katawa Shoujo fanfic by Goldilurks that, as the name implies, focuses on Shizunes perspective. The fic takes place after Act 1, with the events leading up to Shizunes route having taken placenote . Shizune confronts Emi about her running sessions with him conflicting with Student Council work, and learns about his heart condition for the first time. Shizune works out a compromise with Emi; if she can show up for morning runs for two weeks, she gets veto power over Hisaos exercise schedule.
Can be found here.
Tropes found in this fanfiction:
- Acceptable Breaks from Canon: Characters in this fic have roommates, while in Katawa Shoujo, all the girls have their own rooms (but in fairness, Hisao never visits Shizune or Mishas rooms, leaving open the possibility that they share one).
- Bi the Way: Shizune
- Deadpan Snarker: Not only Shizune, but also Misha. The author comments that they have this going on in their sign language exchanges.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The story is told from Shizunes perspective.
- Face Palm: Hisao during the argument on the roof.
- First-Name Basis:
- Shizune calls Misha by her first name, "Shiina", in this fic.
- Shizune temporarily, then permanently, switches to First-Name Basis for Emi.
- Shizune wonders if Hisao is interested in Emi if he calls her by her first name, and Misha seems disappointed because she is in love with Hisao
- Flat "What": Shizune, after finding out about Hisao running with Emi.
- Foreshadowing: Misha gets disappointed when Shizune suggests that Hisao might be interested in Emi. This and other clues, pointed out after the fact, foreshadow Hisao and Mishas relationship
- Going Commando: Emi at the end, having given Shizune the pair of bloomers she was wearing.
- Heroic BSoD: Shizune after finding out that Hisao and Misha are in a relationship and never told her
- Hypocrisy Nod: Shizune, on getting angry over Emis "manipulative" practical joke, inwardly acknowledges her own manipulative nature.
- Incompatible Orientation: Shizune and Misha; the former is bisexual and the latter is heterosexual. Subverted when Shizune asks Emi if she is bisexual, and is somewhat dismayed when her answer is no, but then Emi clarifies that she is a lesbian.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Shizune says that because shes deaf, she never hears school gossip, and resents not being told about Hisaos condition or relationship with Misha.
- Manipulative Bastard: Shizune, again, self-admitted.
- Mistaken Message: Shizune once mistakes Mishas translating Rins response for speaking for herself
- Noodle Incident: Two of them, possibly in regard to Shizune's past love life.Shizune narrating:I grimaced at those memories. Fucking St. Pfils transfer students.
Misha: "What? Youre relapsing into Supreme Overlady mode again. Is another intervention in order?"
- Nose Bleed: Shizune has one at the end of the fic, after Emi reveals that she is Going Commando.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Shizune points out in Chapter 3 that Misha is chewing her lip nervously, as she does when she knows she will fail a test, and that she has not been snarking around her. Misha says the latter is out of consideration for Shizune being upset over Emi not returning her texts, but it turns out that Misha is most likely nervous over her Secret Relationship.
- Relationship Reveal: Shizune finds Misha and Hisao having sex
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Emi and Shizune
- Second Love: After being rejected by Misha and having at least two failed relationships, Shizune ends up with Emi, who is a lesbian
- Secret Relationship: Hisao and Misha
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Misha and Shizune.
- Third-Option Adaptation: The setting appears to be a continuation of Emi and Shizunes routes, given that Hisao has agreed to go running with Emi but is also on the student council (favoring both Shizune and Emi will get you to a difficult to reach scene, but you must choose one or the other). Hisao ultimately ends up with Misha
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Shizune, when angry"Did you get a good laugh off that prank, bitch?"
- Triang Relations: Type 4; Shizune has unrequited feelings for Misha (but not Hisao despite being bisexual), while Misha and Hisao are in a relationship.
- Unreliable Narrator: Being deaf, Shizune cannot say for certain what people are talking about, apart from what she speculates or Misha translates, and her assumptions are sometimes incorrect.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Misha and Shizune. They exchange barbs at each other, but Shizune is grateful to Misha for not abandoning her despite rejecting her confession
- Wham LineShizune: I hit 'Send' as I turned the handle and walked in on Shiina and Hisao fucking on my bed.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
- Shizune and Misha are both somewhat upset with Hisao for not telling them about his condition.
- After Shizune offers to keep running on the condition that Emi join the Student Council as a "sports rep", she gets a text message simply saying "screw u" in response and Emi refuses to respond to her texts for a while. Emi later calls her out on the offer being "blackmail"
- Shizune later gives one to Emi when the latter disappears out of her field of view for a while, seemingly as a prank. She inwardly acknowledges that its somewhat hypocritical to call Emi out for being manipulative, but continues nevertheless.