WARNING: SPOILERS FOR Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Cup of Tea is a Ace Attorney oneshot by pantswarrior. Its premise is after Phoenix and Edgeworth finally get back together after the events of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Phoenix has trouble ...performing. Edgeworth at first thinks it was the result of drinking too much wine only to find out that it's a part of a bigger problem.
- Bondage Is Bad: played straight with Kristoph who into BDSM, knifeplay and waxplay, is an inconsiderate Dom and is far from being a good person. Averted with Phoenix's relationship with Edgeworth.
- But Liquor Is Quicker: Deconstructed as Edgeworth planned a romantic night with candlelight and wine only for it to be foiled by Phoenix drinking too much and seemingly becoming too drunk to get physically aroused.
- Casual Kink: Averted for both Phoenix and Kristoph as their interest in hardcore BDSM is treated as pretty unusual and it's initially met with disgust on Edgeworth's part when Phoenix ends having to tell him.
- Conveniently Common Kink: Played with as Phoenix was extremely intimitated by Kristoph's interest in hardcore BDSM and only got into for his "lover"'s sake. Phoenix comes to enjoy it but by that time the romantic aspect of their relationship is gone.
- Zigzagged with Phoenix and Edgeworth. Edgeworth is disgusted when he found out and Phoenix doesn't expect for him to try as he would rather have an emotionally fulfilling relationship than force him into something he doesn't want.
- Covered with Scars: Phoenix has scars from his knifeplay sessions with Kristoph.
- Dating Catwoman: Phoenix used to be in a romantic relationship with Kristoph in order to gain the latter's trust, it ended with some major consequences.
- Good People Have Good Sex: Subverted at first, despite both being good people Edgeworth and Phoenix have very unsatisfying sex. It takes a lot of open communication, compromise and a gentle opening of sexual horizons before they can truly make love.
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: The central conflict of the story is that Phoenix can't get aroused, at first Edgeworth thought it was the liquor only for it to become a recurring problem in their sexual relationship. Although unlike most men in this trope, Phoenix is still a good lover despite it and it bothers Edgeworth that he can't reciprocate and Phoenix has good reasons for why he can't...
- More Than Mind Control: Phoenix initially was terrified of BDSM and Kristoph, but since Kristoph was the only person who stood by him he initially just tolerated it. Eventually the pain and pleasure from it caused Phoenix to crave it even after their relationship soured.
- Relationship Upgrade: Phoenix and Edgeworth have rekindled their relationship before the beginning of the fic.
- Safe, Sane, and Consensual: Unlike Kristoph, Phoenix does not force Edgeworth into anything. Edgeworth himself decides to do his own research and only does it after establishing clear boundaries and precautions.
- Slash Fic: The pairing is Phoenix/Edgeworth.