Core Line is a d20 Modern Mega Crossover / Fan Fic setting started by marcoasalazarm, with the involvement of various other artists on the Wizards of the Coast and EnWorld forums, with some fan fiction and fan art available on DeviantArt.
"It has been ten years since the end of the world as we knew it. A world-wide Internet infection by an unusual type of virus (called CLULESS) was the trigger. Reality was torn to bits, never to come back fully to normal.
90% of mankind vanished without a trace for 23 hours. The things we believed to be Fictional appeared in their stead. The battles that followed devastated the world.
And once the 23 hours ended, mankind came back, adapted to this new world, willing to embrace the Fictions with open arms... something that many of those who survived the "23 Hours of Madness" are not willing to accept, nor take lying down.
This is an Era of Badass. The Tropes mold your destiny. Out in the open and within the shadows, it is the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny-Good versus Evil, Real versus Fiction, Canon versus Non-Canon, Rationality versus the Rule Of Cool, the final victor still undetermined.
No place is "safe", only "safer". And outside of it, there is a Multiverse and one timeline-the CORE timeLINE, "Coreline", "C-Line" or "The Line" for short-slowly going crazier.
We bid you welcome. Leave your sanity at the door. And for what's worth, enjoy your stay."
(This Tropes page is still under construction. Please add Tropes as you see them. Any support is appreciated).
This setting provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Lots of setting info is available on the Forums and on the DeviantArt galleries.
- Archive Panic.: The En World and WOTC forums are LOADED with information.
- Balkanize Me: Various places on Earth have divided into chunks great and small (such as Britannia conquering part of Siberia, Los Angeles becoming a Mega City (and mini-nation) and Germany dividing again into East (which is still relatively normal) and West (which has been taken over by, and renamed into, Neo-Amestris.)
- Deadly Decadent Court: Very strong examples in Neo-Britannia (Siberia), Italy (with Harkonnen-ruled Venice), Neo-Amestris (with Fuhrer Bradleys constant scheming to enhance his country) and New Zealand (with the brutal clash of the Middle Earth and Westeros Royal Houses, assisted with automatic weapons and other means (subtle and blatant) of offing people. Wizarding Britain is not exempt, either.
- The End Of The World As We Knew It: The 23 Hours Of Madness (or The Vanishing). Note the past tense-many Pre-Vanishing Humans use it.
- Genre Savvy: An important survival skill. Whether a character) lives or dies for it is up the individual author / GM.
- Hit So Hard, the Calendar Felt It: The setting divides its calendar in Pre-Vanishing and Post-Vanishing years.
- Mega Crossover: Exactly.
- Reality Is Out to Lunch: What the CLULESS Virus did, on top of the multiversal collision. It never fully came back from it, either.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Inverted. Good Trope knowledge may very much save your life, depending on the circumstances.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: This is the setting in a nutshell-its even on the Opening Narration.
- We Will Use WikiWords in the Future: And Trope names.
- World of Badass: You either develop some amount of badassery (specifics dont matter) or (depending where you live) youre either a bystander in danger or youre as good as dead.