Bones is a Malaysian artist. Their rise to fame came in late 2014 with the creation of their Five Nights at Freddy's AU, which, amongst other things, had a concrete storyline instead of the regular game's cryptic clues.
After they were criticized for drawing certain things and then pressured out of the fandom, they discontinued the AU, and started making a new webcomic known as Pilot, which has been struggling in and out of Development Hell. 2019 saw to a Continuity Reboot of the AU, with the core cast still present but many details changed.
- Artist Disillusionment: The Five Nights at Freddy's fandom grew to be incredibly toxic and hateful, with people romanticizing a child killer, shipping two characters (One of which was at least ten years older, while the other was an aromantic asexual), and generally being dicks. Bones left the fandom and abandoned the AU.
- Author Appeal:
- Tiny characters. When asked how many they had, Bones said "too many".
- Robots; most of their works include them.
- Old Shame: What the Five Night's at Freddy's AU has become for them. The only positive thing they've taken from it are the characters they made.
- Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things: Their Five Nights at Freddy's AU was immensely popular, and the more harsh members of the fandom caused them to move on from the AU. They now ignore anything to do with the game.