Mark Gatha was once a Canadian voice actor working for The Ocean Group's Blue Water Studios subsidiary who did quite an amount of voice acting for anime and video games in the late 90s and early-to-mid 2000s. He was best known in anime as the Hot-Blooded, hammy Domon Kasshu and anything else can be melted to liquid with him around.
Sadly, Mr. Gatha has retired from his relatively short tenure of voice acting; according to fellow VA Lucas Gilbertson, he now works as a medical doctor. Surely, the King of Hearts is putting his talents to good use in helping his patients.
Notable roles by Mark Gatha:
- Cactus in Betterman
- Domon Kasshu in Mobile Fighter G Gundam (also reprised the role in Gundam Battle Assault 2 and Battle Assault 3 featuring Gundam Seed)
- Irvine in Zoids: Chaotic Century
- Kazuhiko Aikawa in Dear Boys
- 11-year-old(!) Lan Hikari in Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team
- Mega Man X in Mega Man X: Command Mission, Mega Man X8, and Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X
Tropes associated with Mark Gatha:
- Chewing the Scenery: As Domon.
- Hot-Blooded: OH YES!
- Large Ham: As Domon again.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated: In December 2016, he was rumored to have passed away based on a tweet by fellow VA Lucas Gilbertson (Who voiced Zero in the Mega Man X titles Gatha was involved in). Gilbertson later explained that the tweet was based on a joke that got taken way out of context and has since apologized for it.