Batman: Prelude to the Wedding is a 2018 comic book miniseries published by DC Comics. Composed of five one-shot stories, each is written by Tim Seeley but features different artists on each issue, including Otto Schmidt, Travis Moore, Minkyu Jung, Javier Fernandez, and Sami Basri.
On or around the eve of Batman's wedding to Catwoman (detailed in Batman (Tom King)), various members of his rogues gallery attempt to disrupt or prevent the nuptials, while his allies step up to handle the threats.
In publication order, the series is comprised of:
- Robin VS Ra's al Ghul
- Nightwing VS Hush
- Batgirl VS Riddler
- Red Hood VS Anarky
- Harley Quinn VS Joker
This comic provides examples of the following tropes:
- Anachronic Order: The final few pages of Robin VS Ra's al Ghul, the first issue, feature Selina arriving back at Wayne Manor after her bachelorette party, which doesn't happen until the fourth issue.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted in Batgirl's issue. She gets beaten up twice within just a few hours, and by the end of the issue her face is heavily bruised. She also beats Echo and Query, Riddler's henchwomen, bloody.
- The Bus Came Back: Echo and Query, Riddler's henchwomen, reappear after years of absence.
- Continuity Nod: Jason's Japanese arm blades from Batman and Robin Eternal show up again in his issue.
- Darker and Edgier: Batgirl's issue is more violent and bloody than her typical solo series of the same era.
- Pocket Dimension: Superman gifts access to one to Batman in Nightwing VS Hush. Said dimension is meant for peaceful getaways and consists solely of a moderately-sized lake, a rowboat, and some fishing poles.
- Serious Business: Damian's main goal in Robin Vs. Ra's al Ghul is to work on his arcade game high score.
- Would Hit a Girl: The Riddler hits Batgirl with his cane and headbutts her, after she's already been beaten up by a couple of his goons.