A list of tropes relating to the runners, the hunters, and other characters in Death Garden.
- Controllable Helplessness: A downed Scavenger can crawl to a healing station if one is nearby and heal themselves. Scavengers can also try to apply status debuffs to help prolong or escape chases but they are all temporary
- Cool Mask: All scavengers wear a customizable mask and don't show their faces. Apparently this serves a practical purpose, as the air quality within the gardens is very poor.
- Le Parkour: Scavengers move around the map and escape the Hunter through this.
- Trick Arrow: All Scavengers have special arrows with different effects.
- Made of Iron: Even if they have been hit by bullets or mines, Scavengers can keep running as they have the least bit of health, and can still crawl quite fast when downed. They only die from bleeding out or being executed.
- Multinational Team: The Scavengers are from different nations and work together in teams of five.
- Blood Knight: The role involves shooting and executing Scavengers.
- Cool Guns: Hunters have a primary and secondary gun. They can also decorate it with the available skins.
- Cool Mask: Like the Scavengers, all hunters wear a customizable mask and don't show their faces
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game: The hunters have to kill 4 Scavengers in order to win domination in a match.
- Implacable Man: Hunters are completely invincible against damage and cannot be slowed. The only weapons against them are misdirection and confusion.
- Malevolent Masked Man: The Inquisitor and Stalker only have mask options. The Poacher is (so far) the only character in the game who can go maskless, but he can optionally don the Trapper's mask from Dead by Daylight.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: The "Fighter". The Inquisitor is fast, loud, and dishes out tremendous firepower from his versatile weapons and turrets.
- Handicapped Badass: His left hand has been replaced with a mechanical prosthetic. Since it's not even his dominant hand, he only needs it to support and reload his guns.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: The "Mage". His mines don't have the biggest range, but any Scavenger stumbling over them will lose 50% of their health in a single instant, making him reliant on "smart" play and thinking ahead on trapping probable hiding spots.
- Cold Sniper: Specializes in precision weapons like semiautomatic rifles. Like the other Hunters, she guns down Scavengers without mercy and does not speak.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: The "Thief". With an invisibility power and scoped weapons, the Stalker is ideal for sneak attacks before the Scavengers even know she's close.