Also known as LIS_DEAD
A semi-ARG/interactive blog that follows the investigation of a secret agent known as Dramatic Detective. Most posts on the blog itself are fairly small, serving only to set up puzzles that unlock the real story behind everything. The puzzles can range from easy pop culture references, to maddening, to Tetris.
Anything contained in the puzzle-locked docs and not the blog itself should probably be spoilered. Further spoilers can be found at the Unfiction thread
This work provides examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Most of the aliases of agents from the Organization so far: Dramatic Detective, Mysterious Mr. M, and Zodiac Zack.
- Alternate Reality Game: Players are encouraged to ask for hints and talk to its hosts.
- Capital Letters Are Magic: Anything that DD refers to within the Organization, including; Agents, DD's Predecessor, and of course Him.
- Becoming the Mask: DD admits in the comments of an early post that he identifies more closely with some of his aliases than with his own name.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: As part of their Training from Hell, Agents are shaped right down to what kind of personality they have by behavioral conditioning. But Dramatic Detective at least does not entirely seem to like it.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The Organization is not a very nice place by the sound of things. And it raises its Agents from the moment they're born.
- Great Detective: DD at least tries to invoke this.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: When an Agent is taken in by the Organization, all memory of them is removed from their parents, their parents' relatives, the community at large, and all official records
- In-Series Nickname: Dramatic Detective and Mysterious Mr. M will usually shorten each others' names to DD and M.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: DD gives a Shout-Out to this as the password to the first puzzle.
- Paranormal Investigation: 'He' is reported to have some sort of powers including at least mind control and either precognition or outright reality warping but whether they're supernatural or something else or even His fault entirely are still questions.
- Playful Hacker: Mysterious Mr. M made the Tetris puzzle and is responsible for the site's security,he's also the best hacker in the organization, and yet he doesn't seem to be above giving a little snark.
- Training from Hell: Agents of the Organization are taken in as soon as they're born, trained through behavioral conditioning to have a certain type of personality, given all sorts of Machiavellian ideals and methods, and then pitted in competition against each other.