- The two-part series is one long Moment of Awesome. As it should be.
- Krypto vs. Kryptonite Man. That is one badass dog. It's also his Dying Moment of Awesome.
- Superman stops an army of Metallos attacking the Daily Planet.
- "You hurt LANA?!"
- Clark's last action as Superman is to kill Mister Mxyzptlk with the Phantom Zone projector.
- After exposing Superman's Secret Identity on live television AND killing Pete Ross, the Toyman and Prankster continue to mock him via radio. Superman's response is shown in the page image.
- Lana Lang got to bitch slap Kryptonite Man and make him call for help.Kryptonite Man: (assuming the heat-vision is from Superman) He's attacking us! I'll...Lana: You'll what, you poisonous little crud? What are you going to do about someone who doesn't give a damn about kryptonite?
- The Reveal of Mr. Mxyzptlk's true form, and his identity as the Big Bad.Mxyzptlk: You didn't think a 5th-dimensional sorcerer really looked like a funny little man in a bowler hat, did you?
- Just goddamned LANA. She overhears Superman confess to Perry White that Lois is the only one who truly holds his heart, and though it tears her up inside, Lana nevertheless gears up and goes forth to face a gang of murderous super-villains, all in the name of love, unrequited though it may be. Props to Jimmy Olsen for doing the same, but for obviously different reasons.''"Let's get out there, wreck that force screen, and get him out of this mess. We're only second stringers, Jimmy, but we'll show 'em... Nobody loved him better than us. NOBODY!"
- "It's just...well, if the nuisances from my past are coming back as killers- what happens when the killers come back?"
Awesome / Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?