- John Smith diving off the ship during a storm to save Thomas.
- And because that was so easy, he rescues Thomas' hat too. Like a boss.
- The scene where John gets his first sight of Pocahontas in the mist from the waterfall.
- Thomas taking control of the English soldiers at the end.Thomas: Put him in chains!
Ratcliffe: I'll see you all hanged for this!
Thomas: And gag him as well.
- Thomas just standing up and defying Ratcliffe with one word: "No."
- Made even awesomer when paired with the fact that Thomas has been the Butt-Monkey the entire movie. He falls off the boat before the credits even begin to roll, can't shoot and is called unmanly for doing so, ends up starting an interracial war after he finally is able to shoot straight... then he takes command out from under Ratcliffe.
- All of the settlers turning against Ratcliffe after he shoots John, who saves Chief Powhatan by getting shot instead.Ben: (as all the settlers start to surround Ratcliffe) Smith was right all along!
Lon: We never should have listened to you!
- The fact that none of the settlers waste their breath telling Ratcliffe what kind of a man he is helps to prove that they are above him in this regard.
- Also the scene where Pocahontas is running to stop the execution...beginning from the compass needle spinning faster and faster until it points down the path and ending at the word "NO!"
- The song "Savages" at the climax.Grandmother Willow: You know your path, child... Now follow it!
- Pocahontas standing up to her father.Pocahontas: If you kill him, you'll have to kill me too!Chief Powhatan: Daughter, stand back!
Pocahontas: I won't! I love him, Father! Look around you. This is where the path of hatred has brought us! This is the path I choose, Father. What will yours be?
- The ending. Like it or not, it made for a beautiful scene that resembled Pocahontas' introductory scene. It also included John Smith finally giving in and waving "Ana" back at Pocahontas. At first he had said he liked "Hello" better.
Awesome / Pocahontas