- From the first few minutes, after John rescues Thomas on the voyage to America:Lon: Well done, Smith!
John: Of course. You'd all do the same for me.
Ben, Lon, and random crewmember: [beat, then awkwardly] Oh, sure! Of course we would! Absolutely!
- Nakoma's reaction to Pocahontas jumping off a cliff. And when Pocahontas hits the water she grumpily says "show off".Nakoma: Pocahontas, your father's back! Come down here! [as Pocahontas dives off the top of the cliff] NO, not that ... way.
[Then, when she can't find Pocahontas in the water]
Nakoma: Pocahontas? Are you all right? Well, you'd better be all right, because I'm not coming in after—(Pocahontas surfaces from the water and overturns the canoe) YOU! [cut to both of them under the canoe; Nakoma surfaces and coughs] Don't you think we're getting -*cough*- a little old for these games?
[Pocahontas spits water in her face. They laugh and splash each other.]
- Meeko, when he jumps down the cliff after Pocahontas. He goes from confident to REALLY scared in a second when he realizes too little too late that he can't swim, and it's hilarious.
- When it is announced Pocahontas is engaged to Kokoum, Flit nods in approval. Meeko, on the other hand, just gags in disgust.
- Meeko's expressions while Pocahontas is singing "Just Around the Riverbend", especially when she goes down the waterfall.
- This little exchange:Wiggins: Do you think we'll meet some savages?
Ratcliffe: If we do, we shall be sure to give them a proper English greeting.
Wiggins: OOH! Gift baskets!
- "And he came so highly recommended."
- An alternate scene has Wiggins saying, "Ooh! I do so love a fracas!" He mimics shooting a gun with a soup ladle, until he trips and an axe barely misses him, before Ratcliffe says the above line.
- Even funnier- in this alternate take, the axe was mere inches away from Wiggins' balls. For a split second, he looks absolutely terrified and can only chuckle nervously.
- "And he came so highly recommended."
- When John approaches the bush where Pocahontas is hidden, Flit angrily flies out and attacks him. As John dodges him, the rest of the hardtack fall from his sack and Meeko eats them all.John: Hey! Wh— What? Watch out. What? Get— No. get— Uh, look out...
- Meeko and Flit's reaction to Pocahontas suddenly managing to learn English.
- When John Smith is trying to show Pocahontas what a handshake is. He has his hand held out, and the expression on her face as she says "Nothing's happening" is priceless.
- When Meeko steals the compass (mistaking it for hardtack).Pocahontas: Meeko!
John [shrugs] It's all right, he can't hurt it. [Meeko bangs it against a rock]
- John accidentally offending Pocahontas and trying to stop her from rowing her canoe away - so she climbs the tree to get away from him.
- His Digging Yourself Deeper, trying to say 'savage' is just a word for people who are uncivilized. The fact that Pocahontas delivers her line "like me?" while hanging upside down from a tree branch makes it even better.
- This dialogue.
- Most of Wiggins and Ratcliffe's exchanges, but this one in particular:Ratcliffe: Wiggins, why do you think those insolent heathens attacked us?
Wiggins: Because we invaded their land and cut down their trees and dug up their earth? note
- Flit's constant attempts to peck at John, which annoy him. On the final attempt to peck him, John was prepared and traps Flit's beak in hardtack (as pictured above), which he then tosses. The indignant hummingbird then makes the mistake of looking upwards while the hardtack was still stabbed into his beak, causing it to slide down and crush him under the weight.
- And when Pocahontas formally introduces them, John snarks "I remember you."
- John Smith's first meeting with Grandmother Willow.
- Grandmother Willow's scene with John Smith.Grandmother Willow: [on John Smith] He has a good soul. And he's handsome, too.
John: I like her.
- And this dialogue between Ratcliffe, Ben, and Lon.Ratcliffe: You there, where's Captain Smith?
Lon: Well, he's...gone.
Ben: Aye, your singing must've scared him off.
Ratcliffe: Well, then go get him, for heaven's sake!
Lon: What if we run into the Indians?
Ratcliffe: That's what guns are for! Now, arm yourselves and get moving!
- Ben and Lon when Grandmother Willow hides John and Pocahontas from view.(Grandmother Willow lifts her root and trips Ben and Lon)
Ben: Watch your feet, ya big oaf!
Lon: It wasn't me! It was the tree!
Ben: Oh, of course! The tree just felt like liftin' its roots and (They turn to see the root lower itself into the ground. They are clearly freaked out) ...Let's get outta here!
(Grandmother Willow slaps Ben and Lon in the butts with her vines)
Lon: But what about Smith?
Ben: He's a big lad! He can take care of himself!
- When John shows the fellow settlers the corn, they ask what it is.
- John's attempt to break up the fight between Percy and Meeko.John: It's all right, Percy, he [Meeko] is a friend. [Percy won't calm down.] BAD! BAD DOG! SIT! [Percy does as told, but he continues to bark at Meeko.]
- The deleted song "Dancing to the Wedding Drum" has Pocahontas wanting to go to her father's house to haggle with him about her Arranged Marriage. She plans to go quietly, but ends up walking into a gigantic Crowd Song of a wedding celebration. The storyboarded Oh, Crap! expression Pocahontas's face makes the scene.
Funny / Pocahontas