As a Moments subpage, all spoilers are unmarked as per policy. You Have Been Warned.
- McMurphy's party, smuggling a pair of prostitutes into the hospital and everything.
- McMurphy strangling Nurse Ratched.
- When trying to take the fishing boat, McMurphy gives the captain his number. An acute complains that they shouldn't be rushing off, and McMurphy replies by rhetorically asking: "Are we just going to wait until he finds out that that number I gave him is a brothel's? Let's get moving!
- About 100 pages from the end of the book, near the end of another meeting with the Big Nurse and the other patients, McMurphy strolls up to where the Nurse is sitting, next to the glass window the patients' restricted cigarette cartons are behind. McMurphy puts his hand right through the glass to take one. "I'm sure sorry, ma'am," he said. "Gawd but I am. That window glass was so spick and span I com-pletely forgot it was there." He then returned to his chair and lit up a smoke.
- Mac lying to the Charter Captain, saying the other patients are all Doctors' from the mental hospital
except for Harding, who is still just a Mister.
- Max Taber (played by Christopher Lloyd) picking on Mr. Harding, whether it's in group or when they're playing Monopoly.
- The final scene, where Chief rips out the water fountain, like McMurphy had tried but failed to do, smashes through the window, and escapes the hospital, becoming the title character.
- Billy standing up to Ratched after she finds him in bed with a prostitute— and notice, for once he doesn't stutter. Too bad she won't let him keep his victory, though, but it's very impressive that he did it.
Ratched: Aren't you ashamed?
Billy: (breaking out in a genuine, shit-eating grin) No, I'm not.