Five-Man Band cleanup:
- All five character types/roles (The Leader, The Lancer, The Smart Guy, The Big Guy, The Chick) must be present.
- The characters must be part of a team, that is, a team dynamic must exist between members of the band.
- There must be exactly 5 team members
- The Chick must be female, and there must be no more than one other girl (i.e. four guys and a girl, or two girls and three guys).note
- None of the characters can "cover" more than one role.
- No shoehorning. This includes:
- Assigning a character to a role just because the other characters on the team fit Five-Man Band roles. The character must actually fit the role; four out of five isn't good enough.
- Needing to write an essay to justify why a character counts as one of the roles. The fit should be fairly straightforward and easy to explain, not forced.
- Assigning "extra" members of the team to non-Five-Man Band roles. Everyone in the team must fit one of the Five-Man Band roles, or it's not this trope. Note that Sixth Ranger is not one of the Five-Man Band roles.
- Ignoring members of the team to list "just the ones that fit". If the team is larger than five, then it's not a Five-Man Band. Period.
- Alice And Bob Show:
Still needs workSubpages:
- Comic Books
- Live-Action TV
- Newspaper Comics
- Professional Wrestling
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games
- Web Original
- Western Animation
I will keep this post updated with the progress made, and any other needed information.
edited 11th Jan '13 2:32:10 PM by Nocturna
edited 19th Jun '12 11:42:19 PM by DoKnowButchie
- .hack//Legend of the Twilight: Two subversions. Need a second opinion on that. Shoehorn?
- +Anima: Four characters.
- Axis Powers Hetalia - Axis Powers: Four plus extras, where one character has a dual role.
- All examples of this series need examinations. I don't know how much of a team each group is, and there's a lot of text.
- Bakugan: Two lancers, no Big Guy.
- Bakugan - New Vestroia Arc: No Chick, two Big Guy.
- Bakugan - New Vestroia Arc - The Humans' Guardian Bakugans: Four people.
- Bakugan - Gundalian Invaders: No Smart Guy, four people.
- Bamboo Blade: Four people, one dual-role, plus extras.
- Berserk: Needs examination. Sort of looks shoeorned, but I'm not familiar enough with the series.
- Black Cat: Dual role, four people, plus extras.
- Black Lagoon: Dual role, four people.
- Bleach: Not touching this one. Several groups, and shoehorning seems likely.
- Bubblegum Crisis: "By process of elimination" sounds shoehorning. Second opinion?
- Busou Renkin: Four people, also probably unmarked spoilers.
- Captain Tsubasa: Way too many characters.
- Cardcaptor Sakura: No Smart Guy, and a bit of shoehorning.
- Chrono Crusade: Dual role, four people plus extra.
- Cowboy Bebop: Four people, and a bit loosely defined roles.
- Shin-chan: Smells like shoehorning, but need a second opinion.
- Dancougar: Four people plus extra.
- Dangaioh: Four people plus extra.
- Darker Than Black: Four people and dual roles in both groups.
- Digimon: Someone may want to look at these several groups.
- Dragon Ball - Pilaf Saga: Four people, dual roles.
- Dragon Head: Four people.
- Durarara!! - Van crew: Four people, dual role, plus extra.
edited 20th Jun '12 7:52:32 AM by Feather7603
edited 20th Jun '12 7:57:25 AM by lu127
edited 20th Jun '12 8:27:33 AM by DoKnowButchie
- The Legendof Zelda - Four Swords: Shoehorning and only four members.
- Love Hina and Lucky Star: These are friend groups, not teams.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Striker S: Only four members per group.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!: Other than the Baka Rangers, who parody this, these are groupings by accident, temporary, or shoehorned.
- Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase: They're not really acting as a team as such, and the roles are shoehorned.
edited 21st Jun '12 3:25:35 PM by Feather7603
edited 20th Jun '12 9:13:50 AM by Lightflame
- Digimon Adventure: Shoehorn. Only three roles fit exactly, and it's a party of eight working together.
- Digimon Adventure 02: Eh, not really sure. Cody/Iori isn't actually The Big Guy.
- Tamers: I haven't seen it, but I think it's too many.
- Frontier: It's alright, but The Smart Guy is wrong. Keep or delete?
- DATS: Definitely shoehorn—it's normally a group of three.
And on a slightly unrelated note, does anyone else think that the links for the Professional Wrestling, Tabletop Games, and Web Original pages should be moved out of "Other" and onto the main trope page?
edited 20th Jun '12 12:29:53 PM by Nocturna
edited 20th Jun '12 12:34:41 PM by Feather7603
edited 20th Jun '12 5:41:00 PM by Feather7603
edited 20th Jun '12 7:32:00 PM by DarkConfidant
edited 20th Jun '12 7:50:30 PM by DarkConfidant