- Designated Hero: Ken, which is part of why the show is so hilarious. He basically goes around doing horrendous and needlessly cruel things and gets no reprimand or punishment. It's almost like he does stuff like that so often that no one is surprised by it anymore.
- Ear Worm: The theme song, which is probably the best thing about the show.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Hoshi and Dr. Volga are extremely popular among [MAD] makers, far more than the hero is. Both only appear in one episode.
- Ho Yay: Hoshi and Ken in the fourth episode. This becomes irrelevant when Hoshi is revealed to be a Jural.
- Canon Defilement Played for Laughsnote : Many fanworks make Ken a bigger bastard than he is in the actual series. Others make Hoshi go from having some Ho Yay with Ken to being a full-out Shotacon.
- Fountain of Memes: The amount of videos uploaded to Nico Nico Douga and YouTube (although most, if not all on the latter site are re-uploads for accessibility) and fanart devoted to the series just keeps increasing. For the more traditional meaning of meme, many lines have mutated in Japan. Here are some examples:
- How dare you sell such a lunacy record!" (よくもあんなキチガイレコードを!)
- Europe is our TARGET!
- "Dr. Volga, forgive me!" (from the most popular episode, "Dynamite in the Brain".)
- So Bad, It's Good
- Unfortunate Implications: Ken's father's dialogue about the mentally ill is horribly bigoted.