The Legend of Zelda: Book of the Traitor is a Zelda Fan Webcomic written by Austin Schollnote and drawn by Lore Cox.The comic is set in the equivalent of a modern day following the "Child"/Twilight Princess timeline, after Hyrule has disappeared and given way to the Republic of New Ordon. It stars the core quartet of Link, his friends Brainy Brunette Mike, Shrinking Violet Nick, and Pretty Boy Ninja Sheik. The villain is a soldier-turned-politician named Vincent, and the story revolves around the titular book.The comic began on January 6, 2015 and is hosted here, with concept art and promo art posted on the comic's Tumblr. However original artist Olivia had to step down from the comic in February 2016 after a year of being unable to work on it, and Lore Cox stepped in as artist later that March.
This comic provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: Set in a modern day-like world following Twilight Princess's timeline.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Shamelessly. Sheik's prettiness was even Enforced by the authors, and one of the Tumblr posts is a Skype chat between them about how making him so pretty makes him difficult to draw.
- Fan Webcomics
- Friendly Sniper: Mike's role in the team.
- Legacy Character:
- This Link is a successor to Twilight Princess Link, though Word of God says they're not blood relatives.
- Sheik is a character, though his connection to the one from Ocarina of Time is unknown.
- Other possible characters include a scarecrow, a "Happy Historian", Skull Kids, Great Fairies (with designs based on a mix of their Wind Waker style and Hindu/Buddhist influence), and a "Pikmin Beedle".
- Low Fantasy
- Nice Hat: Averted with Link, though Mike's character concept art includes a humourous Mythology Gag with the archetypal Link hat.
- Ninja: Sheik, as a member of the ninja-like Sheikah.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: Two of the characters are named Nick and Rowland, the names of two former members of Australian Post-Punk band The Birthday Party.
- Shrinking Violet: Concept art shows Nick usually hunched over, huddled in on himself, or otherwise looking somber.
- Urban Fantasy
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The main villain, Vincent, is set to be one of these.