Legendary Desination is a Danny Phantom
fancomic by krossan on Deviantart
. It chronicles an adventures taking place after the series involving Team Phantom, Clockwork, and the notorious Dan Phantom.
The story is in its sixth "chapter" so far, and not too much has been revealed other than that Clockwork has a plan that involves both Danny and Dan working together for some reason. Should you not mind possible spoilers, krossan has concept art and possible scenes depicted in "screenshots" and mini-comics, as well as one silent animated storyboard.
The comic updates on Saturdays.
Legendary Destination Contains Examples Of:
- Action Girl: Maddie, Sam, Jazz and (as seen in concept art) Valerie.
- All There in the Manual: So much can be found in the concept art section. What Dan looked like as a teenager, future original characters, comics of potential future scenes...
- Beam-O-War: A classic for Danny Phantom.
- Berserk Button: Dan is not happy when a monster implies he cares about someone (Jazz).
- Big Sister Instinct Most concept art of Jazz shows her interacting with Dan, trying to teach him "manners" for example. Krossan confirms that she sees him as another little brother.
- She also ran into a combat situation, despite being tied up, when she thought Danny was in danger from Dan.
- Big Bad: According to Clockwork and Dan, someone called Zacron, who Danny seems to know about too. He apparently can replicate timelines, such as Dan's, in order to create foes like Mecha Dan.
- Big Damn Villains: Dan's entrance at the end of chapter two.
- Big Little Brother: Dan to Jazz.
- Brought Down to Normal: Danny when fighting the alternate Dan. They later come back when he's in Clockwork's realm.
- Blood Knight: Dan Phantom
- The Chessmaster: Clockwork, natch. What he's planning, we have no idea.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Subverted. While Danny uses green energy and Dan red, Dan is shown to be able to use green as well. May be played stright with other ghosts in the future.
- Eye Scream: There is concept art of Dan with an eye injury, complete with dripping ecto-blood.
- Eldritch Abomination: A beast styled like one has shown up for the latest fight. There's an implication that it's far from the only one.
- Five-Man Band: From the covers, we have:
- The Gadfly: Dan to Danny when they're in Clockwork's realm (after Danny stopped trying to do battle with him, anyway).
- In-Series Nickname: Danny's evil alternate future self is referred to as Dan or Dan Phantom instead of Dark Danny.
- the alternate, eviler version of Dan is named Mecha Dan in concept art.
- James Bondage: Jazz, Maddie, and Jack all end up tied up during the fight in chapter five. Jazz runs into the fight anway when she thinks Danny's in danger from Dan.
- Like a Badass out of Hell: Dan escaped the Fenton Thermos on his own. Danny is suitably freaked out when Clockwork tells him. Thankfully, he was breaking out to save Danny's hide.
- Mind over Matter: Dan seems mildly telekinetic, and is at the very least able to pick up Jazz.
- The Multiverse: We've at the very least seen an alternate version of Dan Phantom. Given Zacron's abilities to replicate timelines, there's probably a lot more out there.
- Mysterious Past: Krossan repeatedly states that we will see parts of Dan Phantom's past that were skipped over in The Ultimate Enemy, especially right after he came into existence.
- Noble Demon: Dan Phantom has mellowed from his Omnicidal Maniac canon-self, possibly because he's been stuck working for Clockwork. He's still a jerk, especially to Danny.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Oddly enough, not Dan Phantom, but an alternate version of him that looks like he got combined with Technus. As wells as the various Eldritch-like monsters that show up.
- One Steve Limit: Mostly averted. The usual distinction between normal-Danny and his former-Bad Future-self is that the latter is simply called "Dan".
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Dan in general, but if they're glowing or emitting energy, then you're really screwed.
- Size Shifter: Krossan states that Dan can take on a form that is Danny's age if he wants.
- Slouch of Villainy: Dan tends to lie around during the bits in Clockwork's realm.
- Splash Page: Pages 66 and 67 are one.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: Clockwork explains that the reason there was another Dan is Zacron copying timelines in order to avert this trope and get a near-perfect copy of Dan.
- We Are Struggling Together: Pretty clearly the dynamic between Danny and Dan at the moment. They spent almost all of chapter four arguing and needling.
- Dan's idea of saving Jazz and Danny from a blast is to throw a car at them so it lands in the way of the blast...and terrifies them both.
- Likewise, instead of saying he'll free Jazz, Dan telekinetically grabs her and looks like he's going to claw her, freaking her and Danny out again.