Webcomic: All Night Laundry
All Night Laundry
is an interactive adventure by Jack Fractal on the MSPA Forums. You start with a young woman named Bina. She’s put off her Laundry for far too long. Now, due to having to work an extra shift, she has to go to the laundromat at three in the morning.
As the story starts, Bina starts noticing that things around the laundromat seem a bit… off. The lights are off when she gets there, even though it’s open 24/7. There’s also a small T.V. on that nobody seems to be watching. Gregor, the owner of the store seems to know more than he’s letting on- and he’s very anxious not to let her near the basement.
Needless to say, things don’t go as she expected.
Tropes in All Night Laundry include:
- A Form You Are Comfortable With- The TV monster, apparently. We're not quite sure what it is exactly, but Bina seems to be the only one who sees it as a TV.
- Alternate Timeline: 14 of them. We've only see one so far though.
- Blessed with Suck: Time travel is not fun.
- Canis Major: The dog. At the beginning he's big, but not impossibly big. He's been bigger in each of his appearances since, due to damage to Bina's Timeline.
- Deadpan Snarker: Bina. This extends to when she's half dead from hypothermia.
I'm always snarky.
- Eldritch Abomination: The TV. We're not sure what it is exactly, but it seems to run off being observed...
- Hellhound: Seems likely for the dog. Which type he falls under remains to be seen.
- Retcon: An unusual case. They're added deliberately under spoiler tags in the same update as the original so that readers can see both for time travel purposes. There are retcons made every time Bina changes something in the past.
- The Speechless: Bina for awhile, due to trauma from a seizure.