Webcomic / All Night Laundry
All Night Laundry
is an interactive adventure by Jack Fractal on the MSPA Forums. You start with a young woman named Bina. She’s put off her Laundry for far too long. Now, due to having to work an extra shift, she has to go to the laundromat at three in the morning.
As the story starts, Bina starts noticing that things around the laundromat seem a bit… off. The lights are off when she gets there, even though it’s open 24/7. There’s also a small T.V. on that nobody seems to be watching. Gregor, the owner of the store seems to know more than he’s letting on and he’s very anxious not to let her near the basement.
Needless to say, things don’t go as she expected.
Partially due to the MSPA forums being broken, All Night Laundry
now has its own website.
Tropes in All Night Laundry include:
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: The TV monster, apparently. We're not quite sure what it is exactly, but Bina seems to be the only one who sees it as a TV. Also, the portals/cracks in time. Bina sees them as cracked class or pools of water, Kendra sees them as splintered wood and rotten trees.
- Alternate Timeline: 14 of them. We've only see one so far though.
- Art Shift: Done intentionally during early dream sequences. It shows Bina as a small child, and the art is made to look like a child's crayon drawing.
- Done unintentionally as Jack Fractal's drawing skills improve throughout the comic.
- Badass Grandma: Bina's late grandma apparently. She was apparently a reporter for 40 years, and knew how to get out of or avoid dangerous situations when she found them.
- Blessed with Suck: Time travel is not fun.
- Body Horror: When Bina is infected by the Botfly It's shown as a wire impaling her arm. She has to remove it...
- Canis Major: The dog. At the beginning he's big, but not impossibly big. He's been bigger in each of his appearances since, due to damage to Bina's Timeline.
- Catch a Falling Star: Bina and Kendra devise a plan involving three time machines to save Elizabeth from falling to her death.
- Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are: Gregor is now actively seeking Bina, and with a gun this time.
- Crossing The Streams: In the emergency of seeing the now-enormous dog about to fall on Kendra and Elizabeth, Bina resorts to shining unlight in its direction to activate the time machine that can catch it mid-fall.
- Deadpan Snarker: Bina. This extends to when she's half dead from hypothermia.
Bina: I'm always snarky.
- Eldritch Abomination: The TV. We're not sure what it is exactly, but it seems to run off being observed...
- Eldritch Location: The sugar factory. Bina enters it by falling, and exits by throwing a scarf up into the sky and climbing up.
- Everyone Knows Morse: Played with here. Nobody in a rescue party knows Morse Code including two police officers. The person they just found does though.
- Hellhound: Seems likely for the dog. Which type he falls under remains to be seen.
- Retcon: An unusual case. They only appear after viewing a page created after the change, with the original behind a button so that readers can see bothfor time travel purposes. There are retcons made every time Bina changes something in the past.
- Room Full of Crazy: Discussed by Bina as the "crazy wall". The wall in the construction yard shack may count too.
- Running Gag: Bina wanting to make her previous self step on legos. Lots of them.
- Sickly Green Glow: The unlight, the cracks in the fabric of spacetime...
- The Speechless: Bina for awhile, due to trauma from a seizure.