"Welcome to the onl
— Welcome to the coolest channel on YouTube
GamerGod88 is a character created and played by Jack Douglass from Jacksfilms
, who grew to be the star of his own series on the Jacksfilms channel. An Affectionate Parody
of Let's Players
, GamerGod88 started out as a reappearing character in some Jacksfilms sketches. The videos he featured in (dubbed "Not-Gaming Videos", by Jack) fake Let's Plays. In April 2014, Jack announced that he had plans to make GamerGod88 the star of his own show.
GamerGod88 received split opinions
fanbase when it first launched. The original plan was to release two videos a day, but it was quickly turned down to one, and he later decided to instead release multiple GamerGod88 videos as one bigger video every so often instead of making it a daily project. The reception that the show got was so poor that it not only surprised Jack but he ended up cancelling the show after not even a week. However, the show was Uncancelled
in August of that year, and now releases one video every Saturday.
GamerGod88 has appeared in many Jacksfilms videos. These include:
- Let's Not Play: God of War
- Let's Not Play: The Last of Us
- Flappy Bird Parody
- Accidental Misnaming: Jack rarely gets the name of the games he plays correct. He even calls "Five Hunks at Freddy's" "Friday Night-Lights Inside Freddy's".
- Affectionate Parody: Of Let's Players.
- Alter Ego Acting: Since he's acted by Jack.
- Ascended Extra: GamerGod88 was originally a minor character in the Jacksfilms universe, only featuring in a few videos. Now he has his own series.
- A Winner Is You:
- Let's Not Play: The Last of Us: "your winner!!"
- Tony Hunk's Bro Skater: "Proud of you"
- GTAV Oh Man: "YOU ARE WIN" and "YUM YUM", while the Player Character lies dead on the ground.
- Wow Minecraft Cool: "Now you're holy!"
- Brick Joke: In Five Hunks at Freddy's, Jack mentions that he has a hummingbird heart. He isn't joking - even on "pussy mode", the game still beats his heart-rate to four hundred.
- Call Back: GamerGod88 Begins references the Jacksfilms "Channel Trailer":
- The Cameo:
- Tobuscus in Crazy Titanfall Gameplay Woah
- Markiplier in Dark Souls 2 with Markiplier
- Cyr as Tony Hunk in Tony Hunk's Bro Skater
- Olga Kay as the titular girl in Undress the Girl
- GamerGod88 himself in YGS #87.
- Catch Phrase: "Hey everyone it's me, GamerGod88."
- The Computer Shall Taunt You: In Fortune Teller Simulator, every possible outcome involves the player getting "your gay" as their fortune.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The episodes of PMS he features in largely portray him as a much more competent Lets Player.
- Excited Show Title!: No exclamation points, but all of the video titles are written completely in capitals.
- Fake Difficulty: All of the questions in Undress the Girl were pretty much unanswerable, and he was unable to get even one correct.
- Funny Background Event: In Five Hunks at Freddy's, the name of the "Pizza Cam" changes repeatedly, to "Proud of You", "Skiball Cam", "Hell Yes", "B-Ball Cam", "Best day everrrrr-" and "Impossible is nothing".
- Good Bad Bugs: Tony Hunk's Bro Skater turns out to be full of these.
- Game-Breaking Bug: ...Which leads to the video ending with the game breaking completely, with Tony Hunk glitching out and hovering above the words "PROUD OF YOU".
- Iconic Item: GamerGod88's headphones.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: In Metal Gear Solid Crazy:
GamerGod88: The gameplay is... solid, pardon the pun.
- Insistent Terminology: The skateboard colors in Tony Hunk's Bro Skater are "red", "dark pink", "blood", and "stoplight". They're all the same color, though.
- Jitter Cam: In Tony Hunk's Bro Skater, when the camera zooms out.
- Jumpscare: Two in Five Hunks at Freddy's: The first is Ray William Johnson, the second is Klondike.
- Musical Episode: Dark Souls 2 with Markiplier.
- Orphaned Series: The series was cancelled after seven episodes due to not being as well-received as Jack had hoped. Subverted, however, when the show returned months later as a weekly project.
- Please Subscribe to Our Channel: Jack often parodies this trope especially in this show, GamerGod88 being far from exempt (in-universe anyway). In Metal Gear Solid Crazy:
GamerGod88: Thanks for watching, don't forget to Google all my pluses.
- Recycled Premise/Recycled IN SPACE!: Averted. A main concern about the show was that all the episodes would be too repetitive and similar to each other, but when the show started, Jack confirmed that each episode will have its own unique premise and joke(s).
- Running Gag:
- GamerGod88 ending his videos with "Drive safe!"
- The "Your gay" gag in Fortune Teller Simulator is carried over from a Running Gag in Jackask.
- Jack's apparant hatred for Ray William Johnson's style of comedy is brought up in Five Hunks at Freddy's.
- Serendipitous Symphony: GTAV Oh Man.
- Shout-Out: The song Jack and Markiplier sing in the Dark Souls 2 video is to the tune of "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?"
- Stylistic Suck: Basically the whole point of the show.
- Surprise Pregnancy: Jack's girlfriend in Dark Souls 2. Subverted when she finishes her sentence at the end of the video.
- Take That: The first jumpscare in Five Hunks at Freddy's is stock footage of Ray William Johnson
- Uncancelled: As of "Jackask #24". The daily show surprised Jack with its poor reception, and was cancelled before a single week of content had been released. Jack always planned to bring the show back, perhaps as bundles packaged as a regular "PMS" episode, but he finally settled on a regular weekly show.
- Unusual Euphemism: In Metal Gear Solid Crazy:
: And to all the boys out there - don't forget to protect your Solid Snakes
. Safe sex is happy sex.
- Wham Line: Jack is hit with two within five minutes in "Dark Souls 2":
Text: I think I'm like pregnant
...Pregnant with this FOOD BABY. Hashtag Chipotle amirite
- You Bastard: In Undress the Girl, Jack fails to answer any of the questions, and since the girl puts on another article of clothing for every wrong question, by the end she ends up looking like she's ready for an expedition in the mountains. And not only that, but she dies of heat stroke.