Brendan) is a character created and played by Jack Douglass from Jacksfilms, who grew to be the star of his own series on the Jacksfilms channel. An Affectionate Parody of Let's Players, GamerGod88 started out as a reappearing character in some Jacksfilms sketches. The videos he featured in (dubbed "Not-Gaming Videos", by Jack) fake Let's Plays. In April 2014, Jack announced that he had plans to make GamerGod88 the star of his own show.GamerGod88 received split opinions from Jacksfilms fanbase when it first launched. The original plan was to release two videos a day, but it was quickly turned down to one, and he later decided to instead release multiple GamerGod88 videos as one bigger video every so often instead of making it a daily project. The reception that the show got was so poor that it not only surprised Jack but he ended up cancelling the show after not even a week. However, the show was Uncancelled in August of that year, and set to release a new video each Saturday, but quickly fell out of hand.As of April 1, 2015, GamerGod88 has a Twitch account here which he uses for weekly (in-character) livestreams. The first of these livestreams, which was not archived on the channel, can be viewed here.
GamerGod88 has appeared in many Jacksfilms videos. These include:
- Let's Not Play: God of War
- Let's Not Play: The Last of Us
- Flappy Bird Parody
- GamerGod88 Begins
- Crazy Titanfall Gameplay Woahnote
- Metal Gear Solid Crazy
- Fortune Teller Simulator
- South Park Wowsers
- Dark Souls II with Markiplier
- Tony Hunk's Bro Skater
- GTA V Oh Man
- Wow Minecraft Coolnote
- How to Beat Dark Souls II in 5 Minutesnote
- Undress the Girlnote
- Five Hunks at Freddy's
- The Fault in Our Smash Bros
- DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION REVOLUTION
- Untitled Broadcast (QWOP, Happy Wheels, Super Smash Bros., The Impossible Game, The Impossible Quiz, Akinator, Misc. flash games)
- HOPE THIS WORKS dot com (test stream with Jack instead of GamerGod88)
- TEAM FORTRESS TOO (Team Fortress 2 and Town of Salem)
- Accidental Misnaming: GamerGod88 rarely gets the name of the games he plays correct. He even calls "Five Hunks at Freddy's" "Friday Night-Lights Inside Freddy's".
- Affectionate Parody: Of Let's Players.
- Alter-Ego Acting: Since he's acted by Jack.
- All There in the Manual: According to the first livestream, GamerGod88 is colourblind, Klondike (Jack's dog) isn't a dog, but a fox, and GamerGod88's real name is Brendan.
- April Fools' Day: Averted with the launch of his new Twitch account, which actually is on April 1, 2015. This fate fell upon Jack as a result of him setting a date with his network Fullscreen.GamerGod88: It sounds like an April Fool's Day joke, but I promise, it is very real.
Jack on YouNow livestream: Ah, fuck, no one's gonna believe me...oh, well.
- Jack is very aware that most people won't believe him.
- Ascended Extra: GamerGod88 was originally a minor character in the Jacksfilms universe, only featuring in a few videos. Now he has his own series.
- A Winner Is You:
- Let's Not Play: The Last of Us: "your winner!!"
- Tony Hunk's Bro Skater: "Proud of you"
- GTAV Oh Man: "YOU ARE WIN" and "YUM YUM", while the Player Character lies dead on the ground.
- Wow Minecraft Cool: "Now you're holy!"
- Brick Joke: In Five Hunks at Freddy's, Jack mentions that he has a hummingbird heart. He isn't joking - even on "pussy mode", the game still beats his heart-rate to four hundred.
- Call-Back: GamerGod88 Begins references the Jacksfilms "Channel Trailer":GamerGod88: The onl— The best channel on YouTube.
- The Cameo:
- Catch-Phrase: "Hey everyone it's me, GamerGod88."
- "Drive safe."
- The Computer Shall Taunt You: In Fortune Teller Simulator, every possible outcome involves the player getting "your gay" as their fortune.
- Corpsing: While Jack doesn't do this in the regular episodes, he finds it difficult to stay in-character for the whole hour-or-so-long livestreams, and even comments on it in the first stream (where his corpsing was caused by the hilarity of the flash games the chat was recommending he played):Jack, as GamerGod88: Y'know, it's really hard to stay in character when you keep laughing at all this funny shit.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The episodes of PMS he features in largely portray him as a much more competent Lets Player.
- Excited Show Title!: No exclamation points, but all of the video titles are written completely in capitals.
- Fake Difficulty: All of the questions in Undress the Girl were pretty much unanswerable, and he was unable to get even one correct.
- Funny Background Event: In Five Hunks at Freddy's, the name of the "Pizza Cam" changes repeatedly, to "Proud of You", "Skiball Cam", "Hell Yes", "B-Ball Cam", "Best day everrrrr-" and "Impossible is nothing".
- Good Bad Bugs: Tony Hunk's Bro Skater turns out to be full of these.
- Iconic Item: GamerGod88's headphones.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: In Metal Gear Solid Crazy:GamerGod88: The gameplay is... solid, pardon the pun.
- Insistent Terminology: The skateboard colors in Tony Hunk's Bro Skater are "red", "dark pink", "blood", and "stoplight". They're all the same color, though.
- Jitter Cam: In Tony Hunk's Bro Skater, when the camera zooms out, and in "Dance Dance Revolution Revolution" when the GoPro footage is shown.
- Jumpscare: Two in Five Hunks at Freddy's: The first is Ray William Johnson, the second is Klondike.
- Musical Episode: Dark Souls 2 with Markiplier.
- Orphaned Series: The series was cancelled after seven episodes due to not being as well-received as Jack had hoped. Subverted, however, when the show returned months later as a weekly project.
- Please Subscribe to Our Channel: Jack often parodies this trope especially in this show, GamerGod88 being far from exempt (in-universe anyway). In Metal Gear Solid Crazy:GamerGod88: Thanks for watching, don't forget to Google all my pluses.
- Recycled Premise/Recycled IN SPACE!: Averted. A main concern about the show was that all the episodes would be too repetitive and similar to each other, but when the show started, Jack confirmed that each episode will have its own unique premise and joke(s).
- Running Gag:
- Screen Shake: "DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION REVOLUTION", which has GamerGod88 incorporating his dancing from the perspective of a GoPro mounted on his head. Of course, it shakes violently.
- Serendipitous Symphony: GTAV Oh Man.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: GamerGod88 reveals at the end of "DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION REVOLUTION" that his dance pad doesn't even work, since his dog Klondike had chewed up the cords.
- Shout-Out: The song GamerGod88 and Markiplier sing in the Dark Souls 2 video is to the tune of "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?"
- Simpleton Voice: Excluding the "Let's Not Play" videos, where GamerGod88 spoke in a normal voice, Jack gives him one of two voices: either moderately slurred (like he's had one too many drinks), or slovenly and quasi-seductive.
- Super OCD: Possibly, as GamerGod88 mentions in the Dance Dance Revolution episode that he has OCD and a twitch.
- Sore Loser: GamerGod88 rarely reacts well to losing in a game. In the first livestream, he played Smash Bros on his DS without even looking at the screen (as it was angled towards his computer's webcam), and was shocked to discover he placed last.GamerGod88: That's some bullshit, clearly I was in... fourth place? ...Alright, well my game's broken, that's fine. Um, I'll be writing to Nintendo about that, they will be hearing from my lawyer, because that's just... disrespectful.
- Stylistic Suck: Basically the whole point of the show.
- Surprise Pregnancy: GamerGod88's girlfriend in Dark Souls 2. Subverted when she finishes her sentence at the end of the video.
- Take That!: The first jumpscare in Five Hunks at Freddy's is stock footage of Ray William Johnson.
- Tongue Twister: From the Dance Dance Revolution episode:GamerGod88: You may have noticed I'm wearing a GoPro on my forehead, bro, because we're gonna go, bros, real soon on my GoPro, bro!
- Uncancelled: As of "Jackask #24". The daily show surprised Jack with its poor reception, and was cancelled before a single week of content had been released. Jack always planned to bring the show back, perhaps as bundles packaged as a regular "PMS" episode, but he finally settled on an occasional video series with regular livestreams on Twitch.
- Unusual Euphemism: In Metal Gear Solid Crazy:GamerGod88: And to all the boys out there - don't forget to protect your Solid Snakes. Safe sex is happy sex.
- Wham Line: GamerGod88 is hit with two within five minutes in "Dark Souls 2":Text: I think I'm like pregnant
...Pregnant with this FOOD BABY. Hashtag Chipotle amirite
- You Bastard: In Undress the Girl, GamerGod88 fails to answer any of the questions, and since the girl puts on another article of clothing for every wrong question, by the end she ends up looking like she's ready for an expedition in the mountains. And not only that, but she dies of heat stroke.