Video Game: Konami Krazy Racers
Konami Krazy Racers (known in Japan as Konami Wai Wai Racing Advance) is a Massively Multiplayer Crossover for the Game Boy Advance which reunited many Konami franchises into a Kart Racing Game. However, sadly, the game fell into total obscurity as it was not only one of the system's launch titles, but it got released only a few months before Mario Kart: Super Circuit.However, nearly a decade after its release, it still has aged well, remaining a rather valid kart racing game. It would later get a sequel for iOS and Android called Krazy Kart Racing, which includes racers such as Frogger and Pyramid Head.Compare with DreamMix TV World Fighters, a crossover Mascot fighter between Konami (and Hudson Soft and Takara) characters.
This game shows examples of:
- Damn You, Muscle Memory: if you want to choose a racer, you must press left or right (read: go either clockwise or counter-clockwise); then you have to choose the track, and in order to do so you have to press up in order to scroll down the index and vice versa. One of the few flaws of the game.
- Excuse Plot: the opening is the plot. Various characters receive a mysterious e-mail from "Konami Man" which invites them to a kart race. That's about it.
- Expy: The default roster can be best described as a parallel to that of Super Mario Kart's, with four weight classes with two drivers in each.
- Power Pro-Kun and Takosuke = Toad and Koopa Troopa
- Pastel and Nyami = Princess Peach and Yoshi
- Goemon and Ninja (Grey Fox) = Mario and Luigi
- Dracula and Moai = Bowser and Donkey Kong Jr.
- Eenie, Meenie, Miny Moai: One of the playables is a Moai head.
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods: Takosuke.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: One of Ebisumaru's quotes is "Honi-Honi" or just plain "Honi"
- Go-Karting with Bowser: self-explanatory.
- Guide Dang It: Unlocking the final two characters (KING and Vic Viper) requires the player to, on two specific tracks, jump off from a lane of jump panels at an angle then fire off a turbo boost from a Blue Bell to reach a secret island holding a giant gem that unlocks the characters. The courses' minimaps do not show the islands these gems are located on.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Konami Man, who previously appeared in both Wai Wai World games, only gets a brief mention as the one that starts the racing tournament all the characters participate in.
- Hot Potato: In the game mode "Bomb Chasers", one player gets a Cartoon Bomb. When it blows up, the other three players win. One can pass the bomb by bumping another kart; this will raise the timer to at least 30 seconds, so the victim has a chance to pass the bomb again.
- Lighter and Softer: the games includes in its roster a fat, Laughably Evil version of Dracula as well as "Ninja", who actually is Gray Fox.
Mascot FighterMascot Racer
- Rule of Cool: Even with their original tones softened, being able to race as Dracula and Gray Fox is certainly saying something.
- Secret Character: Bear Tank, Ebismaru, The KING, and Vic Viper.