Video Game: Konami Krazy Racers
Konami Krazy Racers (known in Japan as Konami Wai Wai Racing Advance) is a Massively Multiplayer Crossover for the Game Boy Advance which reunited many Konami franchises into a Kart Racing Game. However, sadly, the game fell into total obscurity as it was not only one of the system's launch titles, but it got released only a few months before Mario Kart: Super Circuit.However, nearly a decade after its release, it still has aged well, remaining a rather valid kart racing game. It would later get a sequel for iOS and Android called Krazy Kart Racing, which includes racers such as Frogger and Pyramid Head.Compare with DreamMix TV World Fighters, a crossover Mascot fighter between Konami (and Hudson Soft and Takara) characters.
This game shows examples of:
- Damn You, Muscle Memory: If you want to choose a racer, you must press left or right (read: go either clockwise or counter-clockwise); then you have to choose the track, and in order to do so you have to press up in order to scroll down the index and vice versa.
- Excuse Plot: The opening is the plot. Various characters receive a mysterious e-mail from "Konami Man" which invites them to a kart race. That's about it.
- Expy: The default roster can be best described as a parallel to that of Super Mario Kart's, with four weight classes with two drivers in each.
- Power Pro-Kun and Takosuke = Toad and Koopa Troopa
- Pastel and Nyami = Princess Peach and Yoshi
- Goemon and Ninja (Grey Fox) = Mario and Luigi
- Dracula and Moai = Bowser and Donkey Kong Jr.
- Eenie, Meenie, Miny Moai: One of the playables is a Moai head.
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods: Takosuke.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: One of Ebisumaru's quotes is "Honi-Honi" or just plain "Honi"
- Go Karting With Dracula: self-explanatory.
- Guide Dang It: Unlocking the final two characters (KING and Vic Viper) requires the player to, on two specific tracks, jump off from a lane of jump panels at an angle then fire off a turbo boost from a Blue Bell to reach a secret island holding a giant gem that unlocks the characters. The courses' minimaps do not show the islands these gems are located on.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Konami Man, who previously appeared in both Wai Wai World games, only gets a brief mention as the one that starts the racing tournament all the characters participate in.
- Hot Potato: In the game mode "Bomb Chasers", one player gets a Cartoon Bomb. When it blows up, the other three players win. One can pass the bomb by bumping another kart; this will raise the timer to at least 30 seconds, so the victim has a chance to pass the bomb again.
- Lighter and Softer: The game includes in its roster a fat, Laughably Evil version of Dracula as well as "Ninja", who actually is Gray Fox.
Mascot FighterMascot Racer
- Rule of Cool: Even with their original tones softened, being able to race as Dracula and Gray Fox is certainly saying something.
- Secret Character: Bear Tank, Ebismaru, The KING, and Vic Viper.