Video Game: Konami Krazy Racers
Box art for the game.Konami Krazy Racers
a Massively Multiplayer Crossover
for the Game Boy Advance
which reunited many Konami
franchises into a Kart Racing Game
. However, sadly, the game
fell into total obscurity
as it was not only one of the system's launch titles, but it got released only a few months
before Mario Kart: Super Circuit
However, nearly a decade after its release, it still has aged well, remaining a rather valid kart racing game. It would later get a sequel
called Krazy Kart Racing, which includes racers such as Frogger
and Pyramid Head
Compare with DreamMix TV World Fighters
, a crossover Mascot fighter between Konami
(and Hudson Soft and Takara
This game shows examples of:
- Damn You, Muscle Memory: if you want to choose a racer, you must press left or right (read: go either clockwise or counter-clockwise); then you have to choose the track, and in order to do so you have to press up in order to scroll down the index and vice versa. One of the few flaws of the game.
- Excuse Plot: the opening is the plot. Various characters receive a mysterious e-mail from "Konami Man" which invites them to a kart race. That's about it.
- Eenie, Meenie, Miny Moai: One of the playables is a Moai head.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: One of Ebisumaru's quotes are "Honi-Honi" or just plain "Honi"
- Go-Karting with Bowser: self-explanatory.
- Hot Potato: In the game mode "Bomb Chasers", one player gets a Cartoon Bomb. When it blows up, the other three players win. One can pass the bomb by bumping another kart; this will raise the timer to at least 30 seconds, so the victim has a chance to pass the bomb again.
- Lighter and Softer: the games includes in its roster a fat, Laughably Evil version of Dracula as well as "Ninja", who actually is Gray freakin' Fox.
Mascot Fighter Mascot Racer
- Power Pro-Kun Debuted In Konami Krazy Racers
- As well as Nyami, Mimi (Not Playable), The King & Dino (Special Power-up).
- Rule of Cool: did we mention that Dracula and Gray Fox are playable?