Video Game: Wai Wai World
Wai Wai World
, or Konami Wai Wai World
, is a Massive Multiplayer Crossover
of characters from Konami
games released for the Famicom in 1988. The game has Konami Man and Konami Lady (the mascots for Konami at the time) travel through six selectable platform levels (each based on a different Konami game) to rescue the star of the game that the level is based on. After this finished, the player has to play a Unexpected Shmup Level then a
linear last stage. The characters are:
- Konami Man and Konami Lady: Jack of All Stats characters that can fly if you find a cape Power-Up
- Goemon from Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Douchuu: He attacks with a tobacco pipe that allowed him to hit opponents, but cannot hit down. He can also open treasure chests.
- Simon Belmont III from Castlevania: He uses a whip that can attack farther, but is slower.
- Mikey from The Goonies: He is the smallest character, which allows him to in areas the bigger characters can't. However, he has a weak attack.
- King Kong from King Kong 2: Ikari no Megaton Punch: He has the strongest attack and can break through blocks. However, he is the heavy which will cause Floating Platforms to fall and cannot acess certain areas.
- Fuuma from Getsu Fuma Den: He can fire three shurinkens at once. Said shurinkens can break though destroyable blocks.
- Moai from Gradius: He uses a head butt attack that can break destroyable blocks and can take the most damage.
A sequel, Wai Wai World 2: SOS!! Parsley Jō
, was released for the Famicom in 1991. It brings back Goemon, Simon Belmont and Fuuma, and teams them with Upa from Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa
and Bill Rizer from Contra
. The gameplay here is much more linear, but there are still a few branches and several Unexpected Gameplay Changes
.Wai Wai World
was released for mobile phones. However, King Kong and Mikey (and their stages) were remove for licensing reason. They were replaced by Penta, from Antarctic Adventure
, and the before-mentioned Upa (who got their own stages to replace the missing ones).
Examples found in Wai Wai World: