Brute Force is a Video Game released for the Xbox by Microsoft Studios in 2003. The game is a squad-based third-person shooter that uses four members of a team which fight in numerous missions. These members in the squad include Flint, a sniper, Brutus, a shock trooper, Tex, a heavy assault trooper, and Hawk, a scout. Each character on the team has their own strengths and weaknesses, as well as special abilities that can turn the tide of battle.The story is of a science-fiction setting where humans spread throughout the galaxy. Tension arises with the threat of a hostile alien race that appears. The squad, Brute Force, is sent in to confront the enemy. Additionally, each character has their own backstory.Brute Force began as a PC game in 2000, but was soon after turned into a first-party title for the Xbox, following the buyout of Digital Anvil by Microsoft.Needs Wiki Magic Love.Not to be confused with the comic Brute Force.
Brute Force contains examples of:
- Alien Invasion : The Shrikes.
- Action Girl: Hawk and Flint.
- Big Bad : The Shrike Hunter-Lord.
- Big Bad Ensemble : Shadoon and Kingman have almost nothing to do with each-other, beyond McTavish being a spy for the Shrikes.
- Cold Sniper: Flint, whose robotic temperament and lack of nerves to steady makes her the perfect sniper.
- The Federation : The Confederation of Allied Worlds.
- Guns Akimbo : Tex's special ability allows him to pull out both of his equipped weapons (which are often heavy weapons, mind you) and start blasting away.
- Killer App: At least, promoted by Microsoft as a "Halo killer". It didn't happen.
- Lethal Lava Land : Orisis and Singe.
- Mission Control : Commander Bratton.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Flint.
- Samus Is a Girl: Tex is surprised to find out that Hawk is a woman.
- This Looks Like a Job for Aquaman : Hawk is generally considered Awesome, but Impractical due to her stealth focus and incredibly low durability; but then comes the optional battle at the Ferguson Base, which is filled with extremely tough enemies that can murder your squad easily - if not for the fact that Hawk's Back Stab kills them in one hit.